Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2015, 09:32   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
200 kHz Transducer

After a few years I finally got to checking the depth transducer. And got yet another surprise in the old girl

Not 1 or 2 but THREE transducers in the forward bilge!!! There are two apparent depth transducers (a separate thread will be started if I need help). And this jewel. It has 200 kHz on the top, stamped made in Japan and is not attached to the hull. The wires go into the bilge, under the head's flooring and then---??? Best I can gather from Google is that it is an air transducer.

The mystery item is the black gizmo to the left of the old white transducer (that penetrates the hull/ wires are cut) and to the right of the new black transducer (apparently shooting through the hull).

Anyone have any thoughts on what and why there is a 200kHz transducer in the forward bilge? This area does not hold water. But, the anchor locker does drain through here flowing into the main bilge.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	102986  
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 19:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: 200 kHz Transducer

Found it! It appears to be an old P72 transducer. Probably was in the black fitting that shoots thru the hull...
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote