Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 16:52   #61

Boat: Catalina 30 MKII
Re: Good gift for a female sailor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: We just celebrated my birthday and our wedding anniversary. Yes, same day of the year, just like his birthday is the same as the anniversary of the day we met.

He gives me everything I could possibly want all the time, but what made this special was he wrote a song and sang it to me. We both love music and expressed our love in music before we said the words. Then we went to the bedroom and watched our wedding ceremony. It's a bit unusual. Just us and three guests in Vegas and at least R-rated if not X-rated, then the video of our first two times making love our wedding night. No, not our first two times ever, just first two times that night. Our maid of honor/sister videoed for us.

A lot of people think because things are known they don't need to be said repeatedly. BS. We all benefit every time we're told we're loved if told some of the reasons why. We both brought something life changing to the other.

I think presents need to be very special and that doesn't mean expensive necessarily. Thought should go into them. Good presents make you want to scream in joy or cry in joy depending on your nature. Then the gift back to the one giving is seeing your face as you open or receive it.

So, ultimately, you need to give her something none of us would know she'd want or love. It could be something like she mentioned as you passed the Make a Bear store that she'd never had a Teddy Bear so you give her one. Or something you know she's eyed but she said, "Oh, I'm just being silly." Well, silly is good sometimes. The French restaurant she's always talked about but the two of you have never made it to because it's pricey plus not your normal food favorite. Only you can know what will be special to her.
Excellent advice of course. Very thoughtful and thought-provoking.
ValiantV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 15:27   #62

What about a nice full body massage at a spa
Sea Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 17:21   #63

Boat: Oyster 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B It's a bit unusual. Just us and three guests in Vegas and at least R-rated if not X-rated, then the video of our first two times making love our wedding night. No, not our first two times ever, just first two times that night. Our maid of honor/sister videoed for us.
That bit got my attention. A first time I've heard that done. A bit challenging for most I would guess. And yes, unusual where I'm from.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2017, 17:28   #64

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiu View Post
That bit got my attention. A first time I've heard that done. A bit challenging for most I would guess. And yes, unusual where I'm from.
Wifey B: Yes, I've never heard of it done other than us either, but so glad we have it and she did it tastefully, well sort of, as much as possible. Our wedding events were outrageous but then our meeting and dating and entire life has been.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 06:24   #65

Boat: Catalina 30 MKII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Venture View Post
What about a nice full body massage at a spa
That's actually one of my go-to gifts for her. The folks at the spa know me pretty well.
ValiantV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail