Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Thumbs up Whale Water Systems

Having given rise to this Section after musing the matter of "Things that work", I'm pleased to be able to offer accolades for Whale Water Systems. Prior to Christmas, while doing some cleaning under the Galley, I removed the rubber peddle end of the actuating lever on our foot operated Whale Gusher pump. As it turns out, the rubber peddle is assymetric (the thick side goes down!). Not realizing it at the time, however, I re-installed it up-side down which allowed the operating lever to be pushed down too far. With this, the nylon cyclinder that houses the return spring inside the pump was over loaded, and broke, which was entirely my own fault. As we were preparing to leave on our holiday cruise, i purchased a replacement pump and set the damaged pump aside. Upon our return, I disassembled the original pump and discovered the cause of the failure. Deciding that having a spare pump would be worthwhile, I wrote to Whale about purchasing replacement parts. Earlier this morning I received a call from a young lady in the Company's service department who advised me that she would be sending the replacement parts AT NO CHARGE! I thanked her but explained that I did not expect such an accomodation as the cause of the failure was my own. Regardless, she held that the part should not have broken and that they were replacing it as a warrenty repair (ignoring the fact that the pump is quite a few years old). Now that is a serious case of putting the customer first! Cheers, s/v HyLyte
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:46   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Whale makes a very high quality product in MO.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 08:38   #3

Re: Whale Water Systems

I finally bought a motor volvo penta engine because it was very spoiled
ernest69 is offline   Reply With Quote