Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2019, 16:23   #1

Boat: J/44
Sailor’s Solutions??

I recently purchased an Stazo Outboard Lock and cable from Sailors Solutions, 6 days ago. I emailed and called requesting a tracking number, but have not received a reply or returned phone call. The only email that I have received is one stating my order has been received with a reference number. I was charged $56 USD for shipping and handling, for a $174 USD order. I looked up reviews for SS and was not able to find anything online or through the BBB.
My hope is that it’s a small business and they are busy. But for near 30% of total order in S&H, I had a high expectation of customer service.
Has anyone had any experience with Sailor’s Solutions? Good or bad?

Thanks
JPhantom
JPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 18:43   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: PDQ 36, 36'5", previously Leopard 45 cat and Hunter 33 mono
Re: Sailor’s Solutions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhantom View Post
I recently purchased an Stazo Outboard Lock and cable from Sailors Solutions, 6 days ago. I emailed and called requesting a tracking number, but have not received a reply or returned phone call. The only email that I have received is one stating my order has been received with a reference number. I was charged $56 USD for shipping and handling, for a $174 USD order. I looked up reviews for SS and was not able to find anything online or through the BBB.
My hope is that it’s a small business and they are busy. But for near 30% of total order in S&H, I had a high expectation of customer service.

Thanks
JPhantom

I used them about three years ago. Their service was good. I think I remember some phone difficulties but don't remember why. Maybe because they are small.
contrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 19:02   #3

Boat: Kaufman 47

I ordered their engine room insulation squares from them a few years ago and then just a few months ago. No issues. Took 4 days after confirmation email to get a shipping email. I was going to order that same outboard lock from them soon, too. Maybe they are just behind from the weekend. It has only been 3 days since your order if you don't include the weekend. So seems normal i would guess.
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 19:59   #4

Boat: Vancouver 27

I ordered the lock and cable from them a few years back. It's a great setup, almost over-the-top. The shipping may be higher because the cable is really quite beefy and heavy.
laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 05:57   #5

Quote:

Thanks

JPhantom
How did this work out for you? Did you get your order?
Old 19-05-2019, 07:06   #6

Yes, albeit late, but the order did arrive. I would have liked more communication, but it seems like a a small and busy shop.
S/V Phantom—1991 J/44 #45
Old 19-05-2019, 07:58   #7

Quote:
Yes, albeit late, but the order did arrive. I would have liked more communication, but it seems like a a small and busy shop.
Good to hear, I have always ordered when at work offshore so delivery time wasn't priority. We'll be buying that outboard lock soon as well.
Old 19-05-2019, 15:02   #8

You will really like the lock! A well made piece of kit. The cable itself is massive. One thing we did is use a old bike U-lock to quickly attach to dock cleat eyes.
S/V Phantom—1991 J/44 #45
Old 19-05-2019, 16:42   #9

Boat: Allied 39

We have the same lock now going on 16 years full time cruising. Good news is we still have the OB. We rinse the lock in fresh water when hoisting the ob on deck. The actual lock mechanism is steel so will rust. We would buy again . Beware it will not fit some size ob engines

Tags
sail, Sailor’s Solutions