Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2018, 04:23   #1

Pleased with Mandurah Ocean Marina 'In Yard' Services

As my sailboat was approaching the age of twenty I was required to get an out of water survey for my insurance provider. I already knew a number of things that required attention, enough that I hadn't sailed all year because I hadn't confidence in the boat (and had been too busy to do anything about it). Mandurah Diesel Maintenance is under new ownership, not just new management and the new owner is very customer oriented. Kevin came to my pen to start the inspection and pre-ordered the parts we knew we needed. Herman, the yard's boat-wright provided options for what he observed, presented options, and helped me plan out what needed to be done. They both stayed in touch by phone and text, and so I found I did very well without engaging someone on-site to manage the project. The boat lifters did careful work and assisted Kevin and Herman as needed as part of their service. In the end it cost very near to what I expected and due to good communication there were no surprises at the end. Whilst the rudder and keel were found to be sound (something that always worried me) the prop needed replacement and the liner pan required re-glassing to the hull in some areas. As there was no liner above the skeg, this area was re-inforced as well as the nearby stringers. All findings were clearly explained as well as the options for dealing with them. This allowed me to research online to see how other owners had addressed similar issues in the past. The last step was completion of a detailed survey to document the current state of the vessel.
I had read on CF about someone unsatisfied by the same yard several years ago so was a bit apprehensive to begin with, but they quickly made me confident we could complete on schedule and on budget -- which we did. Very happy to recommend Mandurah Ocean Marina 'In Yard' Services to those in, or passing through, Mandruah Western Australia.
RigelKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:30   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Pleased with Mandurah Ocean Marina 'In Yard' Services

Glad to hear some good news!

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, service