Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2015, 10:19   #1

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42
Kudos for Tayana Yachts

I'm happy to share the wonderful support I continue to receive from the manufacturer of my boat even though I am the third of fourth owner and it is over 26 years old.

My Tayana V 42 has 6 deck prisms that have been exposed to sun and sea for 26 years. The lenses have become crazed and cracked to the point the replacement is necessary.

I contacted Tayana in Taiwan with my problem, hull number, etc. asking for the supplier of the prisms so I could get replacements that will fit the existing holes in the deck. They responded quickly that the prisms were supplied by Bomar. I contacted the Bomar distributor, Pompanette, who informed me that Bomar stopped making deck prisms years ago and none were available. I couldn't locate any other brands of prisms that would fit the existing holes.

I could try to have some prisms custom made. Select Plastics in Connecticut were helpful but it would be expensive and complicated logistics leaving me with 6 large holes in my deck for 3-4 weeks.

I again contacted Tayana to ask who they now get deck prisms from. Mr. Wilson Chang got right back to me and identified my boat's prisms as Bomar part #101 and had me measure them just to be sure. Then he said he would have their old inventory checked. He got back to me the next day. They had 6 brand new old stock Bomar 101 prisms on hand. We agreed on a very reasonable price and he shipped them to me.

It is gratifying to have the support of a boat manufacturer that provides this kind of support, so many years after the original purchase, to an owner that wasn't the original purchaser. Thank you Ta-Yang Shipyards, Tayana Yachts and Mr. Wilson Chang.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yacht