Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2017, 12:43   #1

Andrea Clair 43' Lewis Price Bruce Roberts Mauritius

See:
1984 Lewis Price Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43' sailboat for sale in Florida
and
1984 Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I recently put a contract on this boat and had it surveyed. The owner is now trying to offer details of my survey as a reason to buy his boat. Anyone that is considering this vessel should know that the survey valued it at $30,000. It was performed by Steve Berlin of Independent Marine Surveyors in Ft. Myers, who has a great reputation. The bilge is rusting away. The topside paint is literally falling off the hull. Every portlight leaks and has extensive wet rotten wood surrounding it on the inside of the cabin. The hydraulic steering is hemorrhaging fluid. The majority of the listed systems are not functional. All of the running rigging is shot. This boat has been sitting in the Florida sun for two years with all of its equipment on deck. It is filled with food purchased two years ago in Panama. The boat shows as well as a crack house.
The owner fancies himself to be a master of steel boats, but clearly is delusional about the value of this boat. I would like anyone who is looking at this boat to find an accurate representation of its value. I paid $1100 to have it surveyed, and am happy to offer the survey to anyone interested in the boat. It is a complete project boat that may work for someone, but they should not pay more than it's surveyed value. I wish I had this info before I spent any money, so I want to offer it to the community.

Tags: Andrea Clair, Mike Conley, Alva FL, Owl Creek Boat Works
MichaelSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 06:04   #2

Re: Andrea Clair 43' Lewis Price Bruce Roberts Mauritius

Hi Michael, I was looking at this one myself and would love to see a copy of the report if I can. Can you send it to my email at asouthey@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
Draakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 00:58   #3

Re: Andrea Clair 43' Lewis Price Bruce Roberts Mauritius

[QUOTE=MichaelSanders;2530136]See:
1984 Lewis Price Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43' sailboat for sale in Florida
and
1984 Bruce Roberts Mauritius 43 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I recently put a contract on this boat and had it surveyed. The owner is now trying to offer details of my survey as a reason to buy his boat....

Hi Michael! I am also looking for something similar, I do not know if it is so long, but it would be interesting to have a copy of what has cost you so much money!
Thanks for sharing here
a greeting
Sebastian
sebasvertical@gmail.com
Sebwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Alva, Andrea Clair, bruce roberts, Edwards Yacht Sales