Dinghy general questions.
1) in the past I have owned 3 non-RIB inflatable
dinks and never tore the bottom. Probably has something to do with always beaching on sand. Has anyone here every torn their soft bottoms and under what conditions?
2) None of my previous dinks were hypolon and never had a problem.
My dink will be exposed to direct sunlight no more than around 50 days a year. Do I really need hypolon?
3) I saw one dealer on the internet
that sold the PVC dinks with tube covers, anyone know who that was? I don't remember.
4) Does anyone know anything about boatstogo.com? I am somewhat interested in their Saturn. Anyone familiar with these?
5) Until recently, I thought I wanted a RIB
- not sure now. After lots of replies on previous threads, 'Livingston' keeps cropping up. Here is my dilemma: The 9' fits my boat but not my needs/wants. The 10' fits everything I want but is too heavy for my aft deck
hardtop. Too heavy and too wide for my hanging davits
and quite possibly too heavy for my old swim platform. Towing is not a problem with the following questions:
a) How many problems will backing out of a slip be introduced if the dink bow was slightly lifted from the water
by my stern davits
and I want to back out?
b) When entering locks and dams, do you guys tow your dink behind you or 'on the hip'?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.