Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2015, 08:45   #1

Boat: 1985 Tartan 40
Bestway 2.8M Hydro-Force Caspian Pro RIB Inflatable

Hi Guys,

A local retailer Ocean State Job lot, Has these for sale for $449

I can't find much on them but what I do find seems positive.

Usually when something is junk there is no shortage of negative criticism on line.

I had a west Marine Zodiac roll up inflatable with my last boat but the buyer talked me into selling it to her.

I thought this might make an inexpensive replacement. It claims it can take up to a 10hp outboard.

Has anyone run across these in their travels?

I'm a weekend coastal cruiser and usually tale a week or two away but, not very far yet. My cruising grounds are Buzzards bay mass ans the local islands.

Thanks for any and all comments and insights.

Danny
sloopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2016, 07:09   #2

Boat: 1985 Tartan 40
Re: Bestway 2.8M Hydro-Force Caspian Pro RIB Inflatable

Okay, I thought I would update this thing myself. So we just started using theis inflatable this year and I have to say, so far so good. It went together in about 15 minutes the included pump had it pumped up within five or so minutes and it held air all season. This thing lived at the dinghy dock all season. I bought a Lehr 3.5HP propane outboard to use with it and I'm also very happy with that. So the end of the season came, I broke it all down, rolled it up, stuffed it in the bag it came with. I brought it home, washed it all down and packed it all up a bit neater than I had at the boat yard and she it is all stored nice and compact for the winter. Hopefully, it will continue to impress! Next year I intend to treat it in some way against UV. I also like the fact that it only weighs 65 lbs. I did not have to but pulling it up on deck should be a breeze! The Outboard only weighs 35lbs and getting that up on the rail is pretty easy.
sloopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inflatable, rib