Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2017, 13:41   #1
cruiser

Boat: 1984 Sovereign 28 CC
Rig-Rite goes wRong

I recently had to purchase a product from rig-rite.. what a garbage company! They originally quoted me a price 4X the amount of what a product retails for. After an email asking if they were serious or just made a mistake with the quantity I was given a corrected price and I placed the order. After having the item delivered I saw they charged me for the original crazy high price they are telling me they won't correct it. I just thought I needed to share the fact that every part of dealing with this company is horrible and I would recomend everyone to find a different company to get your rigging parts from. I already disputed the charge and contacted the manufacturer to let them know rig-rite it's charging 4X the retail price of their products.
BravoVita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 13:50   #2

Boat: Sabre 38
Re: Rig-Rite goes wRong

I think this type of thread comes up, what, once a month? Garhauer needs to kick up their advertising spend to put Rig-Rite out of business.

s/v Carpe Ventum
1983 Sabre 38
My Intro
fallingeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 14:06   #3

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Sometimes rig-rite is ok, sometimes not. The problem is they only have one shop and too much business. If you order online from their web, stuff comes in fairly well. If you call in an order, sometimes it gets lost.

I've gone with US Spars Inc | Welcome to America's Premier Mast and Boat Equipment Manufacturer and they seem to have stuff in stock and come thru pretty fast. At least for Zspar rigging.
Old 01-04-2017, 15:58   #4

I recently had a good experience with Rig-Rite. I ordered just before Christmas and he said it would take 4 weeks due to his and his suppliers vacations and almost exactly 4 weeks later it arrived. I would do business with them again, but I would check that everything was as agreed upon. _____Grant.
gjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 22:19   #5

Boat: Tayana FD-12

I walked in there once a long time ago. It was their old shop. He was literally 10 mins from my work. He wanted 1200 to fabricate aluminum mast step. luckily a friend was a welder good with aluminum. Got one made out of scrap from his work. for free. But rigging shops are dropping like flies here in RI. hall spars is gone, they sucked as well.
phorvati is offline   Reply With Quote