Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2017, 18:17   #1

Boat: Laguna, windrose 25
how to rig the stay sail?

Not sure if Im using the right vocabulary. But if I wanted to rig my 25 ft Laguna with a staysail. Could I get away with moving the jib further out(6") on the bowsprit. and attaching the staysail. and then use the jib halyard(furling jib so have halyard already in place.)to raise it. Then what do I do? run sheets for the smaller sail? or rig it so it is in place?
I am really new on this subject matter, and in reality I think the boat is to small to even think about this set up.
Any books/videos on this to give me some basic education? You guys have always come through for me, so thank you in advance

joel
Joel E Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 18:26   #2

Re: how to rig the stay sail?

I really dont think you need a staysail on a boat that small. Even on a big boat I find them most often just more useful for reducing sail area as opposed to adding it.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail