Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2012, 04:51   #31
cruiser

Re: Dutchman Main Sail Flaking

Don,

When you shop for your next boat, why not just look for one with a boom furling or mast furling syslem already installed. When we shopped, I found that these rather expensive systems were not adding much extra value to the final sales price. Much easier to use and reef in practice.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 05:03   #32
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Dutchman Main Sail Flaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
Don,

When you shop for your next boat, why not just look for one with a boom furling or mast furling syslem already installed. When we shopped, I found that these rather expensive systems were not adding much extra value to the final sales price. Much easier to use and reef in practice.
I don't disagree with this and feel it is always better to get a boat that has the toys you want on it from the start. Would love to have a boat with a main furler,........and a generator. But unless I suddenly come into a lot on money my current boat is going to be the one I leave on in a few years.

I've have my Dutchman equipped boat for 2 years now and it works well enough that I'm not looking to spend any big bucks to replace the system. But little small things that would made it easier/better are worth considering.