Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 05:53   #1

Vacu flush bellows

Rebuilding my vacu flush system and bought a new pump bellows. The one I removed is about the same dia as the pump housing bore. The new replacement is approx 1/4” smaller in dia. I thought it was the wrong one but my search has proved it is right. Does this sound correct....... I was thinking the bellows kind of sealed within the housing, exposing and closing off the inlet and outlet ports, similar to a 2 stroke piston and cyl. But now I’m thinking it’s just the expanding and collapsing of the bellows that does the work, and the smaller dia is why it’s advertisd as Whispher Queit, without actually touching the walls of the housing bore.
US1Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:45   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Vacu flush bellows

I was thinking the bellows kind of sealed within the housing, exposing and closing off the inlet and outlet ports, similar to a 2 stroke piston and cyl.

Nope...the bellows is entirely contained within the upper piece of the pump body. The inlet and outlet ports are in the bottom part. So your second thought that it expands and contracts like a concertina (mini accordion) to generate the air need to push the flush to the tank or thru-hull is correct.

However, it's possible that diameter of the newer pump housing is also slightly smaller than yours, so I suggest you have a chat with Dometic/SeaLand tech support about it: 800-321-9886

Fwiw, I've written a piece I call "VacuFlush 101" that explains how it works (an amazing number of owners think they know but don't) that I'll be glad to send you if you'd like to send me a PM that includes your email address (no way to attach anything to a PM).

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote