Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2017, 21:36   #1

Sealand Vacuflush Issues (Please Help)

My sealand vacuflush cycles every 20 mins... I had to replace the bellows a month ago and a week later it started to cycle... I replaced the duckbills (4).. still cycles. Checked all the hose clamps. No luck..... pulled apart the Bellows again (twice now) to clean, lubricate and check for issues. Still no luck. The bowl isnt loosing water....Running out of ideas. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul
Pgatrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 03:17   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Sealand Vacuflush Issues (Please Help)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Paul.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 03:48   #3

Try replacing the clamps that hold the bowl to the base and torque the seals. As the get old they stretch and no less ne'er are tight enough to hold the parts together
blue otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 07:32   #4
Marine Service Provider

The most likely scenario is leaking duckbills....some TP or waste stuck in one of 'em, keeping it open (you're not putting enough water through it when you flush to rinse 'em out...or it's possible you got one or more defective ones. Remove 'em all and check to see if you can see ANY light through the edges.

If the system is more than about 3 yrs old, the problem could be a failing vacuum switch. It has a sensor in it that tells the pump when to run and when to shut off. When the little rubber diaphragm in that switch wears enough, it develops a pin-hole leak that can cause the pump to cycle at first, then as the pinhole gets larger take longer and longer to shut off...till finally it won't stop running till you turn it off at the breaker.

Unless your system is so old that the diaphragm in the pump has worn out and developed a hole in it, it can't be the reason the pump cycles between flushes...so no need to keep taking it apart.

If none of the above, call SeaLand (they answer phone "Dometic" now) tech support: 800-321-9886

I've written an article I call "VacuFlush 101" that explains how the VacuFlush actually works (an amazing number of owners may think they know, but don't) and how to prevent 99% of problems with it...I'll be glad to send it to you--and anyone else who wants one--if you'll send me a PM that includes your email address (can't attach anything to a PM).

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
http://www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Bo...dp/1892399784/
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 08:02   #5

Boat: Stevens 47

I had a problem with vacuum leak where peddle shaft went through base. Sealand advised packing with silicone grease. This worked for a while, I solved the problem by turning a third o-ring groove in peddle shaft between existing, making it so was tighter then the others.
s/v Thea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease