Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2014, 07:10   #1

Boat: Cabot 36 - Que Sera
Freshwater system/pressure issues

I installed a new Whale freshwater pump (UF0815) rated at 2.2 GPM a year ago, expecting that it would give me plenty of power for my two faucets and occasional showering on my 36-foot sailboat. It seemed to work fine last season, but during the winter I added a hot-water check valve and things have deteriorated.

Since adding the check valve, I am typically greeted with an explosive burst of water and air when I turn on the main galley faucet, located just a few feet from the pump. Rather than a smooth flow of water, it is intermittent at best even with the pump activated well in advance.

Among the things I have checked/considered:
-water tanks are full
-the strainer that came with the pump is clean
-I've considered adding an accumulator tank, although my reading suggests that should not be necessary with a modern pump
-I've removed my water filter from the line
-I'm wondering if my 35-year-old galley faucet could be the culprit and plant to check the faucet in my head to see if the same problem occurs

Any advice in troubleshooting and/or improving the problem would be greatly appreciated.
chuck g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water