Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 07:19   #46

Re: Danfoss Electronic Module - Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhakim View Post
Hi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
By the way from were can I get a new controller for a good price? I found controller for 250$
RParts,Santa Cruz, California.

Adler Barbour Replacement Electronic Modules
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:01   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEh Marine View Post
Hi Abhakim
Has anyone serviced or tampered with your system recently? It would also help to know more information about the system itself .

Regards John.
Hi John
No nobody has serviced the system. When the fridge stop coolling I try to have help from forum or article on internet. it is Vitrifrigo fridge with a compressor danfoss bd35f. The boat is 2009 Jannau.
abhakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:04   #48
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bristol 45.5

Quote:
Hi John
No nobody has serviced the system. When the fridge stop coolling I try to have help from forum or article on internet. it is Vitrifrigo fridge with a compressor danfoss bd35f. The boat is 2009 Jannau.
Hi again,

Does the fan come on ?

Then the first thing to do is supply the system with a good electrical supply , run new wires directly to your batteries bypassing all of the boats electrical systems and see if it will start . Make sure the wires are of a heavy enough gauge for the distance.

Regards John.
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:11   #49
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Hi again,

Does the fan come on ?

Then the first thing to do is supply the system with a good electrical supply , run new wires directly to your batteries bypassing all of the boats electrical systems and see if it will start . Make sure the wires are of a heavy enough gauge for the distance.

Regards John.
BINGO....this is your first Step.
I know no one wants to believe it could be a voltage issue, and think that because their ships voltage panel is reading 12.7v then that can't be the problem. But after years of doing refrigeration system customer support a majority of cruisers solve the problem by running the system power directly to the positive and negative terminals of their battery vs their DC power panel. The worst thing from a customer service point of view is to sell them something that doesn't solve the problem...makes them mad and makes you look like a boob who doesn't know how to troubleshoot....
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 21:48   #50

Quote:
Hi again,

Does the fan come on ?

Regards John.
Hi John
I make the test. New wire direct from the batteries but no the compressor don't start. I even connect a voltmeter on the input of the controller and wait to see when the compressor try to start. there was 13.2 v and go up to 13.4
Abraham
Old 14-04-2017, 05:06   #51
Marine Service Provider

Hello again .

The next thing you want to do is remove the thermostat from the controller and place a jumper wire across the two terminals . The terminals they are connected to are the C and T terminals . Make up a little piece of wire with the same type of push in connectors and put it across the c and t terminals . If the compressor starts then you know your thermostat is the problem and will need to be replaced.

Good luck .

Regards John
Old 14-04-2017, 07:59   #52

Quote:
Hello again .

The next thing you want to do is remove the thermostat from the controller and place a jumper wire across the two terminals . The terminals they are connected to are the C and T terminals . Make up a little piece of wire with the same type of push in connectors and put it across the c and t terminals . If the compressor starts then you know your thermostat is the problem and will need to be replaced.

Good luck .

Regards John
Hi John
No the compressor don't starts with a jumper, same thing if I disconnect the fan.
Regards
Abraham
Old 14-04-2017, 12:51   #53
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Hi John
No the compressor don't starts with a jumper, same thing if I disconnect the fan.
Regards
Abraham

Hi Abraham.

How do the connections look, are they clean and corrosion free?

If you have used properly sized wire for power directly to the battery and did all the other tests as well , jumper / fan , and your compressor is still failing to start, sorry to say you may well have a bad control module and replacing it may be your only cure .

Regards John.
Old 14-04-2017, 22:35   #54

Quote:
Hi Abraham.

How do the connections look, are they clean and corrosion free?

If you have used properly sized wire for power directly to the battery and did all the other tests as well , jumper / fan , and your compressor is still failing to start, sorry to say you may well have a bad control module and replacing it may be your only cure .

Regards John.
All the connections are clean. I open the controller and all components on the board look ok but I know that this not a real check. if I have the electronic cheme maybe we can found what the problem. I will let you know when I will get a new controller. Thanks a lot for all your advise
Best regards
Abraham