Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2014, 09:11   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 54DS
Air Conditioning

Hi All...new to posting...!

I have an air conditioning installation on my boat by CLD Marine of St Pere En Retz, France who do not now seem to exist (system is 10 yrs old).

The system installed consists of a "ring main" driven by 2 nr 20,000 BTU compressors. There are five blowers feeding off this ring main providing cooling or heating to the various areas of the boat - 3 x cabins + 2 x salon.

On start up the master controller display gives the message "bA11". This is normal until the temp in the cooling circuit achieves a lower temp than the "set temp". However, recently the message has not cleared so I assume the cooling circuit IS NOT achieving a temp below the "set temp". The raw water strainer is clear and raw water is circulating.

Can anyone shed any light please.

Alternatively can anyone provide contact details for a suitable engineer in Valetta, Malta as I will be taking the boat there in Spring 2015 for some other works.

Many thanks in advance.
whacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 20:23   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch
Re: Air Conditioning

I think thank system is now sold by Webasto so check them

Press the F key several times on the chiller control for the 'ring' temp

SB

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:37   #3

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by whacker View Post
Hi All...new to posting...!

I have an air conditioning installation on my boat by CLD Marine of St Pere En Retz, France who do not now seem to exist (system is 10 yrs old).

The system installed consists of a "ring main" driven by 2 nr 20,000 BTU compressors. There are five blowers feeding off this ring main providing cooling or heating to the various areas of the boat - 3 x cabins + 2 x salon.

On start up the master controller display gives the message "bA11". This is normal until the temp in the cooling circuit achieves a lower temp than the "set temp". However, recently the message has not cleared so I assume the cooling circuit IS NOT achieving a temp below the "set temp". The raw water strainer is clear and raw water is circulating.

Can anyone shed any light please.

Alternatively can anyone provide contact details for a suitable engineer in Valetta, Malta as I will be taking the boat there in Spring 2015 for some other works.

Many thanks in advance.
When did you last back-flush and run a descaler solution through the raw water circuit? If some while, you may have a build-up of sediment and scale knocking down the efficiency of the system.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 06:59   #4
cruiser

Honestly, in the Med, we've never turned on our a/c. Ours is currently underperforming, but I don't plan on wasting any money fixing the a/c until we leave the Med.

The water here is a very comfortable 72-78 degrees F (not sure what that is C), so the inside temp of the boat remains very comfortable all the time even without fans. We even have heat absorbing teak decks.

Basically, I wouldn't even worry about fixing your system. Just wear less clothing and enjoy the med climate.

BTW: Nice boat, we almost bought a Jeaneau 54DS, awesome cockpit area.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning