Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33   #1

A/C in aluminum hull

I’m not much for wanting A/C on my new project, but I feel I do need to consider it being down on the third coast where the Texas heat is plenty. I’ve not spent time in an aluminum hull in this heat, but it would seem like the recipe for an oven. My intention is to use A/C since I'm going to turn this into a live-aboard (and do work) while I save to cruise for a long while.

I’m curious to know what others would do. Mainly, what I wonder about is if there was an A/C aboard, I would expect that there be plenty of condensation causing standing water in the hull. Even with insulation, it would seem there’s still going to be a bit.

I won’t be at the stage of putting an A/C in for at least a year, but would like to start thinking on it. Can anyone speak a bit on how to handle this?
Cutter42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum, hull