Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 02:14   #1

Boat: Thompson Santa Cruz 31' "Yes Dear"
Thompson Cruiser Manual

I recently purchased a 31' thompson santa cruz cruiser and I am looking for the manualfor the boat. Does anyone know where I might find one. Boat is no longer in production and the thompson boat co has been spread to the winds....thanks
pmorand007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:33   #2
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
What year is it? Do you know the make and model of the major pieces of equipment? Most cruiser manufacturers rarely delivered a custom manual for a particular model of boat. Instead you would have likely received a package with the operator manuals for all the various equipments installed on the boat.
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:12   #3

Thompson boat

Its a 1996 model santa cruz, it has 2, 5.7L Mercruiser I/O's. I have the manual on the Mercruiser's but don't have anything on the boat like internal wiring, plumbing etc. I do have the wiring for the instrument panel on the helm but the rest is all guess work..I am looking for the bus panel I am trying to install radar and fishfinder and I can't find where to hook up the power on the bus panel.
thanks
Old 24-05-2009, 23:08   #4

thompson

I have a 1991 santa cruz 3100 and I am interested in the manual also. Let me know if you have any luck. Also let me know if I can be of any help. I have been trying to get a users group going on google but not much interest thus far.
cutbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 04:30   #5

Hi I haven't had much luck on a manual, not many reply's in fact your the 2nd reply I've received. I other reply wanted to know year model make etc then no reply. I tried contacting the mfg in Michigan or Wisconsn but no reply yet..if you hear of something let me know
thanks
Old 25-05-2009, 07:47   #6
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Sorry I haven't responded earlier. I have other projects on the go.

Like I said before it's highly unlikely you'll find an "oweners manual" for your power boat like the owners manual you get with your car. Boats just aren't produced in large enough numbers for builders to invest the many thousands of dollars in the production of a dedicated owners manual. Higher volume boats possibly such as the Bayliners, Doral's etc. It's different with cars when a production run int he 10's of thousands of identical vehicles dictates the economincs in producing a generic manual for that particular model of car. Boats with production #'s in the 100's it's highly unlikely that a builder would make that kind of investment.

What you'll usually find, this has been my experience, you'll get a binder or satchel with all the mfgr's documentation on each piece of equipment installed on a boat. Such as the OEM maintenance manual for your engine and outdrive. For older boats that have passed through a few owners, such as mine, I had to re-assemble my package myself and it took a few years and plenty of research on the Internet but I did finanlly find the engine/outdrive manuals including the shop service manuals, exploded parts diagrams & listings, manuals for the head & pumps etc. I've also replaced a lot of the systems and put the new documentation into the binder that'll go with the boat when it's sold.

So you might be looking for the "Holy Grail" for Thompson boats but as you mentioned you've contacted them for assistance. IMHO that's your only hope if one even exists.
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 08:12   #7

Boat: Privilege 39
Even if you had a manual it's unlikely it would go into detail of telling you where to hook up a radar and fishfinder, unless the boat already came with them originally (and in which case it would just be a matter of tracing wires anyway).
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 00:50   #8

is there a way for you to post the electrical info for the instrument panel?
cutbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manuals, thompson