Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2015, 22:27   #16

Re: Outfitting for Transpacific

I see. Well as long as the essentials work. It's a sailboat though. With experience, you can do without a motor. Hopefully you have enough sails. Good luck on that. I'm putting nearly all my disposable income into reserves fot prep and the trip so hopefully...
Rotschrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 13:17   #17

Re: Outfitting for Transpacific

If you are new to cruising, do not be in a hurry to leave Mexico. It is a great place. Give Mexico two seasons and you will be glad you did. I did the jump in 2006 and am currently in Mexico to do it again. The whisker pole comment is valid as is Leonard's book. The beauty of Mexico is you can determine by cruising the weak points of the vessel and plan accordingly. Probably the biggest problems newbies have is inability to fix something when it breaks. After you leave N. America no repairs really possible until NZ or OZ. you can effect repairs in French Poly. But expensive and long wait time for any parts. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
svzafarse is offline   Reply With Quote