Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 08:16   #16

Boat: Nordhavn 46, 46'
Re: Annapolis Boat Show

I have never been to the spring Annapolis show. I've been to the last 10 fall shows. Mostly new boats, and as others have pointed out, the manufacturers will post on line their models that they are showing. Of course, that is subject to change a bit as many manufacturers "rent" a particular model from a customer, as they may not have a model in hand or the distance to move one is not as cost effective. Things happen and sometimes boats fall out at the last minute, so look at the websites in mid-September and you'll get a good idea. Also, catamarans have become more numerous over the years. Don't know if they out number monos, as I have not done a count, but since they take more space, they seem almost ubiquitous.

Across the highway crossing Spa Creek is the display area for used boats. Those are whatever the brokers feel will sell best, obviously, and ones they have permission to move. It is a short walk (5 minutes) from the main display area. There are far fewer boats here, as the show has featured new models. I cannot recall if the models on display were listed as I did not get to that exhibit--I was mostly looking at gear. Perhaps looking at the website will tell.
Moody46CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 13:18   #17

Boat: Pearson Ensign , Sea Pearl 21

RK, we may not have been at the same show. I am referring to Strictly Sail in Miami, this Feb. FP was there, Leopard had several models, and there were many many monohulls.
Latchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 21:00   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

It was the same show. I meant mono builders came with one or two models vs just a few builders. Leapord had only one model. I recall FP showed only the Helia. There were lots of empty slips.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:41   #19

We're tentatively planning the fall show...will be the first time.

So where is the official CF gathering place?...the one where they serve alcohol....didn't see it on the website.
Old 12-05-2015, 17:52   #20

Boat: Pearson Ensign , Sea Pearl 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
We're tentatively planning the fall show...will be the first time.

So where is the official CF gathering place?...the one where they serve alcohol....didn't see it on the website.
I like the idea!

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show