Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 15:59   #16

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Persistant "The Cruisers Daily" popup

Unfortunately, someone at CF decided this popup is a wonderful thing.

At times, I will see it popping up like maybe 3 times on the same login and then on every new window I open from my mailbox.

It is REALLY REALLY annoying even to a person as patient and benevolent as barnakiel.

Guys/Girls ... pls think it over, and do something about it!

Love,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 22:00   #17

Boat: Under construction 35' ketch (and +3 smaller)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Unfortunately, someone at CF decided this popup is a wonderful thing.

At times, I will see it popping up like maybe 3 times on the same login and then on every new window I open from my mailbox.

It is REALLY REALLY annoying even to a person as patient and benevolent as barnakiel.

Guys/Girls ... pls think it over, and do something about it!

Love,
b.
Concur! With my Android tablet I have had zero problem but I'm allways logged in with it. On my desktop it popups sometimes thou I'm allways logged as well. On other computers it sometimes pops up so intensively that it's impossible to logg in, like screen full of that **** of that annoying thing..

Teddy
TeddyDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 22:42   #18

I get it every time I open this site and I find it very annoying. If I haven't signed up the first thousand times they show it to me you would think they would stop annoying me with it... And yes it has made it impossible to view cruisersforum on my smart phone at times.

A message to the owners of this site, "PLEASE GET RID OF IT!"

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

I went to user settings to try and block it and I don't see it as an option there, am I missing something?

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

Comprehensive Ignore System
Ignore threads from users on your ignore list: Hide forums that are ignored: Ignore threads with these tags: (Separate tags using a comma.)
Old 01-06-2016, 22:58   #19

I think I found the setting. If it works this will make viewing the site even better.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................

Cruisers Daily Popup Toggle If you're having trouble with the Cruisers Daily Popup showing too often, you can disable it here. OnOff
Old 01-06-2016, 23:10   #20

Ok.

I turned the setting to "off" to block the "Cruisers Daily" pop up but it is no surprise to me that it hasn't stopped this annoying pop up persisting.

I logged off and logged back on and immediately got the pop up again. I checked the setting and it is switched "off".

Unimpressed.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:25   #21

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

I must live a blessed life. I seldom get it on my Mac. What I do not understand is that if you are a paid Suporter, why does it pop up at all, or is this a different issue?

Tags
cruise, cruiser