Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 15:32   #1

Are we putting new threads under the correct headings?

Are we putting new threads under the correct headings?

I was having a look at the discussion about computers and its potential drift to the Internet issues and I was thinking would it be a good idea to have a separate section. When I had a look around I found "Instruments & Communications". So I had a look at a thread I had started and “GUILTY”.

I promise that I will be good in the future, “REALY”!!

Perhaps some guidance (PM are good) from some of the old hand to those of us who haven’t been around long.

Paul
boredinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 19:17   #2
cruiser

Also Guilty

I'm as guilty (probably more guilty) of this than anyone. I think it's hard to rely on users to properly categorize threads in any discussion board. If you look at other boards out there on the internet, you'll see it's common to have threads in categories they may not belong in.

The one thing that can really help people find information quickly is the search function. If someone is looking for information on a particular topic, it is best to start with the search function rather than browsing through topics.

Recently, I did just that and found tons of useful info on achnors.

Sean
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:36   #3
Captain

One of the moderators’ tasks is to move “misplaced” threads, NOT because they’re offensive, BUT because if posted in the proper forum you’ll have more replies.

This forum is extremely civilized, so there’s hardly a need for moderators. But it is kinda fun to hit on the few-and-far-between gate-crashers, although so rare that I need to look up the procedure every time. Maybe I'll get around to it when summer holidays are over.

Nobody will boo, so quit blushing. It is NORMAL for most newbies to get excited when finding a nice forum, and start posting before having a look around. No big deal, you need practice like everyone else. Run along now and have some fun, we can pick up your toys and put them in the drawer later.