Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 12:47   #1

Boat: Contessa 32
Arrow Vancouver Island Cruise

I have a beautiful almost new Contessa 32 here in BC Canada. I would prefer to share the experience of sailing here rather than sail alone so if you would like to sail around here with a sailor who has circumnavigated the world give me a hola. The boat is of the older fashion design so is a little smaller than more modern boats, she suits smaller people better than large. Novice sailors welcome. This could be a varied trip of anywhere from a week to 2 months depending on the situation. All I ask is that we share food, fuel and the occasional marina fee.
Cheers Geoff
Boraborablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:57   #2

Boat: Bavaria Vision 42
Re: Vancouver Island Cruise

Welcome to the CF Geoff.
It's a great cruising ground so hope you find suitable companions for your travels. Whereabouts in BC are you located?
desodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 13:00   #3

Boat: Contessa 32

Hi There, thanks. I'm located on Gabriola Island.
Boraborablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boraborablue View Post
I have a beautiful almost new Contessa 32 here in BC Canada. I would prefer to share the experience of sailing here rather than sail alone so if you would like to sail around here with a sailor who has circumnavigated the world give me a hola. The boat is of the older fashion design so is a little smaller than more modern boats, she suits smaller people better than large. Novice sailors welcome. This could be a varied trip of anywhere from a week to 2 months depending on the situation. All I ask is that we share food, fuel and the occasional marina fee.
Cheers Geoff
Hi Geoff I would be interested in more details about your cruise. I live in Whistler BC and have sporadic sailing experience over 30 years mostly in the San Juans/Gulf Islands and Sunshine Coast but also trips in the Med and on the West Coast of Scotland . Although I have an RYA dayskipper ticket I would classify myself as competent crew. I am self employed and have a fair amount of flexibility re time available Please contact me at afcw@telus.net for further discussion Dave
andycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 20:59   #5
pba

Hey Geoff. I am local (Chilliwack) and am avail all of August 2019.
Thanks!
pba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:01   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boraborablue View Post
Cheers Geoff
Hi Geoff I posted a reply to your posting but never heard back from you I am still interested. Please let me know either way, Dave Anderson afcw@telus.net
andycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 22:56   #7

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

Hello Geoff, I had a laugh with "she suits smaller people better than large", perfect, I'm 5'7" and shrinking by the month. But don't worry, I can still climb a mast and hoist a sail. Seriously, several passages totalizing 5K nm, several months off shore and coastal, and can cook, and more importantly, wash dishes, oh yea, and sail (ASA and ICC certifications) as needed. Love the Pac NW sailing and would love to explore with you. Sailed out of Gig Harbor and loved the area.
Cheers.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:02   #8

Hello Geoff, I'm not super local (Washington) but I love sailing on the Salish Sea and have done a full circumnavigation around Vancouver Island. My time off is tricky but if you ever have any longer cruises planned let me know and I will see if I can swing getting time off. I am an easy going guy who loves sailing and tend to always be jovial. Musically on a good night I don't get tambourines taken away
CaverCop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, vancouver