Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2020, 10:07   #1

Boat: Caliber 38
Crew wanted - Erie PA to Maine

The time has finally arrived to retire and cruise full time. My boat a 38ft mono-hull (Caliber) is currently on the hard in Erie PA completing the 2019/20 refit in preparation for a multiyear cruise from Maine to the ABC. I have owned Sail the Wind about 12 years and cruised the East coast and the Bahamas. Due to family illness my wife may or may not be aboard for the entire Erie PA to NYC portion of the trip but will join for the trip up to Maine after that.
The current plan is to complete the refit (April, May) based on Pennsylvania weather. Once that is completed, sail from Erie PA to Buffalo NY (overnight). Remove and ship the mast. Then proceed leisurely through the Erie Canal allowing for onshore exploring, on to Troy NY to step the mast back, then down the Hudson River to NYC and slowly (3-4 weeks?) sail up the coast to Maine.
The crew I am looking for should be familiar with boat handling and routine, although the first part of the trip will be motoring the Erie Canal and negotiating the locks which is not sailing . If you can help in the galley all the better.
If interested I will need help in May with some final projects prior to splashing the boat (clean topside and hull, installing pumps, new rode etc.).
At this time I am looking for crew for as little as two weeks or the duration of the trip to Maine.
The boat is comfortable and well equipped for safety and comfort. We have an extensive movie collection (nearly 400 titles). The mood aboard is friendly and relaxed. We usually respect sailor’s midnight and make our travel decisions based upon the weather. The crew has use of the aft stateroom located to starboard of the companionway that has a double berth with an opening port hanging locker, storage below the berth and an adjacent head.
Let me know your level of interest.
Old 29-02-2020, 14:19   #2

Boat: bristol 27
Re: Crew wanted - Erie PA to Maine

hi, i'm interested in your trip. at least the ny to maine part. I'm a volunteer deck hand on the pioneer, a two masted schooner with the south street seaport museum. I have my own 27' bristol sailboat . I helped crew the Lettie G Howard from Florida to
erie PA last year. I'm retired and would like to do the trip to maine.
sailstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:15   #3

pm sent for more information
Old 07-03-2020, 09:05   #4

I am still looking.
Old 27-06-2020, 19:31   #5

How's the refit going? If you had delays and are getting closer, I'm up for the journey
visionsinsight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, maine, wanted