Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2020, 16:27   #31

Re: Morgan Out Island 28

Are they still available. If not what company be best to go to..
Looking at a 74 mostly all original needs alot any idea costs for standing rigging running rigging rub rail . As well as sails.
Would Catalina be a place that could quote this?
Thanks all
redwood1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:16   #32

Boat: Morgan, Out Island, 28’

Hi, I just bought a Morgan OI 28 and need a set of sails. Do you still have these?

Thanks!

-Amanda
amanda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:23   #33

Boat: Morgan, Out Island, 28’

Hi All,

I just picked up a 73' Morgan Out Island 28 and it needs new sails. The main sail really needs to be replaced. Anyone have sails they want to part with or have suggestions on where to source them that doesn't entirely break the bank? My partner and I are new to sailing. We heard about this Morgan via word of mouth and couldn't pass it up. Thanks! Any tips or additional info about the boat itself is welcome.

-Amanda
amanda91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:28   #34

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

You can get sail dimensions from here: https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/morgan-out-island-28

And using those dimensions you can look for used sails at Minnies, Atlantic sail traders, Bacon and several others that slip my mind since I’m at work and can’t look them up.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:29   #35

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda91 View Post
Hi, I just bought a Morgan OI 28 and need a set of sails. Do you still have these?

Thanks!

-Amanda
Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat made & model in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link:https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

If you need further help let me know, I would be happy to.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 20:31   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda91 View Post

Thanks!

-Amanda

I have a BRAND NEW set of Sails for a Morgan Out Island 28'. Factory Original , Never Raised , never been outdoors. Stored correctly and Perfect.
We custom rigged it from Day 1 with Racing Furler Boom and custom sails. You can find me by email here or on YouTube , look for Morgan Out Island Videos 1-4 posted recently
SV Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
morgan, morgan out island