Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2020, 09:43   #1

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
NW Multihull Online Zoom Meeting, R2AK Team Narwal, Tues May 5, 6:30 pm Seattle Time

Hello NWMA members and fellow multihull enthusiasts –

On line Zoom Meeting:****Tuesday, May 5th 630, Seattle/Pacific Daylight Time

The May meeting will be online. We will be using the "Zoom" app. There was a positive response to the last Zoom meeting –– plan on joining us!* * Open to all.
If I can do this you can.

Agenda:
6:30 PM PST* - Virtual Potluck & gab session.**
7:00* ** *** - Presentation “Team Narwhal R2AK 2019”*

There might be a little business meeting talk but not much going on now so it will be brief to nonexistent.**

“*Team Narwhal R2AK 2019*” presented by Bill Quigley, Mark Dix, Joel Smith, and Li Sung.* They raced from Port Townsend to Ketchikan on Tatiana (Bill’s 32’ Farrier trimaran) by sailing, pedaling and rowing.* Joel designed and built the pedal drives, and is days or weeks away from launching his Marples 35 trimaran*in Napa Marina.* He'd bought 3 bare hulls started by long time member David Vinson who passed away a few years ago.* Mark Dix designed and built the rowing stations.* Mark also sailed the first leg of the inaugural R2AK (was it 2015?) on a sailboard and nearly won it til he sailed into a hole just off Victoria. Bill, I think ,built some of his F32 in his apartment or garage or something like that and launched it in 2006. Li crewed in the 2018 R2AK on a Corsair 970 and owns a Seawind 1160.

To get the meeting invitation you will need to email our commodore at: Scott at beyondthesail dot com. You will receive a meeting invitation with further info. If that doesn't work send me a PM here.

You'll have to download Zoom.

Helpful Hint: There's an audio mute button and a video "mute" button on the lower left screen so you can watch/listen stealthily, though we'll know someone is there behind your blank screen.

I hope you can join us.

Cheers
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:18   #2

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Re: NW Multihull Online Zoom Meeting, R2AK Team Narwal, Tues May 5, 6:30 pm Seattle T

Bump.* Its tomorrow.* Hear from*R2AK team Narwal.* Anyone is welcome to drop in on us but contact*us earlier rather than later, as mentioned in the OP, to get the password, etc.* We don't want to be jammed up with requests right before*meeting time.
Old 19-05-2020, 10:28   #3

Re: NW Multihull Online Zoom Meeting, R2AK Team Narwal, Tues May 5, 6:30 pm Seattle T

I promised to add a link to this great presentation. Click the "May 5" blue printing on the left column. Scroll down the page a little to the part about the meeting. Its not the same as being there but it gives some flavor as to what was talked about. I'm sure it was very helpful to those considering doing the R2AK.

Send me a PM if you want to come to our next Zoom meeting June 2

Tags
hull, multihull, seattle