Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2021, 15:42   #1

Boat: 1987 Pearson 27
Seeking captain for NYC to Baltimore on a Pearson 28-2

Greetings cruisers,

I have just sold the FL project boat that I've been working on, and am close to closing a deal on a very well-maintained Pearson 1986 28 in Darien, CT, about 30 miles from NYC- just waiting on a survey. I'm an inexperienced sailor outside of having taken ASA 101 and several private lessons, but I am resolved to cruise the east coast when I'm ready, and have been studying voraciously with that in mind. For now, the plan is to sail to Baltimore and liveaboard at a marina while building up my skills and continuing to work my remote job.

I'm looking for someone experienced who can accompany me on this shakedown trip to help me learn the ins and outs of sailing my new boat, while also working on things such as my anchoring and docking skills a bit. I will cover the cost of all provisions and transportation, and can provide compensation beyond that for someone sufficiently experienced. The date of our departure is flexible, but I'm thinking sometime around early May if everything goes to plan.

I am 36 years old, male, level-headed and a good listener. I learn reasonably fast and can follow instructions.

If this interests you, let me know and we'll talk further.
aDemilich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:00   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Seeking captain for NYC to Baltimore on a Pearson 28-2

I would be pleased to talk with you and am sending you a PM.
Paul Annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore, captain, nyc, pearson