Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2020, 14:59   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 37.3
Beneteau Oceanis 37.3 Entrance Window

Hello,
I have a beneteau oceanis 37.3 and the glass window that stands on top of the wooden doors at the entrance of the boat has a kind of rubber to protect from water to get in. For some reason that rubber is out of the place, that means that is dificult to open the window because it gets stuck.
Opening the system from the outside looks difficut because it has the traveler from the main sail on top...
I think that in the inside of the boat the celling is attached with velcro on that area, but i´m not sure on how to take that off and if it will be posible to get that right in place again.
Has anyone ever done anything like that?
Cheers
TMimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:50   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Beneteau Oceanis 37.3 Entrance Window

Why don't you mark the ceiling with a chalk so you know the exact position of the material and then detach it from the velcro by pulling it gently?
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:22   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 37.3
Re: Beneteau Oceanis 37.3 Entrance Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopec43 View Post
Why don't you mark the ceiling with a chalk so you know the exact position of the material and then detach it from the velcro by pulling it gently?
In the inside of the boat there is a area with 4 20cm large and maybe 1.5 meter long slats of maritime plywood attached with Velcro to the celling.
What I don't now is what will I find when I take that out (if I get directly to the sliding window mechanisms or....).
Regarding your answer, I now more or less where the window is located on those slats, if I took the 2 center ones I should be on top of the window...
I'm just trying to find someone that has already done that kind of operation and would be able to tell me what will I find.
Thanks for answering.
Best regards
TMimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, oceanis, wind