Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-05-2013, 06:54   #11
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Missing Boat found in Cuba: Lessons Learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Actually in this case the "Techie Propaganda Bull" aka EPIRB was found pretty early on without any problem at all. Shame Jay was not attached to it but that is not the fault of the techo stuff
LOL... was not talking about the EPIRB mate... though even that's no safe bet either... Grain de Soliel for example off the Azores...
I was referring to the 'Read a paper in Baghdad over someone's shoulder while sitting at a computer in Florida' etc...
Sorry guys... but once your 'out there' the odds are 50/50 of survival.. how many stories of recovery are posted on here... vs how many are not rescued...
And those rescued are usually not in any real danger... just had enough of the washing machine and want to go home...
But the sinking's... never had a 'personal experience' post in my memory on here of someone being rescued after their boat sank..
I remember listening to a Mayday relay on a delivery a couple of years back with a hysterical solo sailor saying his boat was sinking 50 miles of the W Portuguese coast... he got heli'd off eventually after about 7 ships and 4 yachts diverted to his position... the boat was a regular Nav Warning for the next couple of days till it moved W out of the shipping lanes... the actual sinkings are a different story... usually they are found.. eventually... dead in their rafts

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Human Rights only matter when it's politically expedient.. and politicians NEVER bite the hand that feeds.

Tags
Cuba