Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2018, 06:50   #1

Welcome to the club

Hello everybody! This is my first post at the forum and let me introduce myself.

My name is Aleksei, I am 47. My profession is a journalist and writer but English is not my natural language. And I've just signed the purchase agreement for my first own boat.

I have some experience in sailing. I've made competent crew, than Day Skipper and finally Costal Skipper with RYA. I have sailed in different conditions including UK winter with the wind F8.

Now about my boat. She is a 18 meter steel ketch 1981 with two engines and two steering systems inc. one in pilot house. Actually she is now in Turkey and first I've ordered some upgrade. In future I am planning to do the most part of work myself. Photos will be added to this post later.

I use this forum for a long time already but I was just a reader not writer here.

And I would be happy to find new friends worldwide.
asukhoverkhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 08:11   #2

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: Welcome to the club

Welcome aboard Aleksei - it's a great site - lots to learn here and I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute!
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote