Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 11:06   #1

Boat: 42 Passport Cutter
Re: New Memeber

Thanks for the information. my husband and I have done a lot of off shore fishing in the Gulf and the Atlantic going out as far as 25 - 30 miles out in a 21 foot boat I don't know why I am being a worry Wart when we will be in a 42 Ft boat that draws 6.5. I am glad to here your optimism about going down the outside my husband said he would only do the ICW if we had due to weather or .. he did not buy a ocean going vessel to ride in the ICW. He has a lot of experience on all kinds of boats. We do have all new equipment spent a fortune chart plotter, radar, radio etc.. We also went to customs and got signed up with the SVRS and our Decal. Boat is loaded and ready to go!!!! Its the anticipation that is killing me but let me say I am not speaking for my husband of course he is fine with everything. This has been our dream to retire on a sail boat.
larbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:45   #2

Boat: Various
Re: New Memeber

Quote:
Originally Posted by larbar View Post
Thanks for the information. my husband and I have done a lot of off shore fishing in the Gulf and the Atlantic going out as far as 25 - 30 miles out in a 21 foot boat I don't know why I am being a worry Wart when we will be in a 42 Ft boat that draws 6.5. I am glad to here your optimism about going down the outside my husband said he would only do the ICW if we had due to weather or .. he did not buy a ocean going vessel to ride in the ICW. He has a lot of experience on all kinds of boats. We do have all new equipment spent a fortune chart plotter, radar, radio etc.. We also went to customs and got signed up with the SVRS and our Decal. Boat is loaded and ready to go!!!! Its the anticipation that is killing me but let me say I am not speaking for my husband of course he is fine with everything. This has been our dream to retire on a sail boat.
I personally would look at it as several adventures. Pick out the easy inlets and the places you'd like to see. Then I'd sail outside each day and late afternoon pull into my chosen anchorage or marina. Yes, it will add some time but get the wonderful sailing experience of outside and a restful night in between. It will be a series of great experiences. The Florida coast has so much worth seeing and the benefit of many good inlets.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 16:34   #3

Boat: 42 Passport Cutter
Re: New Member

What inlets would you recommend also anchorages our boat draws about 6.5
larbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new member, member