Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2020, 13:36   #1

Hi from SoCal

Hey guys,
New to the forum and hoping to learn a lot and find my next boat. I recently moved to Orange County and looking for a 30’-35’ sailboat for under 35k. I made a listing in the classifieds but I’m waiting for it to post.

I learned to sail on a Cal 25 for a few years and now looking for something that I could spend a long weekend on with my family while we explore Catalina and Channel Islands. I’d also like to check an ocean passage off my bucket list at some point.

I also hope to be able to contribute to this forum from my experiences.
dez275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 18:17   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Re: Hi from SoCal

I think a moderator will welcome you, but welcome from a socal guy. Been cruising for 45 years and still know little. Lots of boats to start with. You will grow and change your mind several times over your sailing career. In socal, lots of folks have started with a Catalina 30. Cal, Islander and Ericson made some great boats. Your price will get you a great starter boat. If you can, sail with friends and racers who will expose you to lots of good, and not so good, aspects of the activity.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 05:51   #3

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just looked at a really nice Cal 28 in Newport but I’m leaning toward something larger since the slip fee is the same up to 35’. Admittedly, I haven’t been on a Catalina 30 but I would like something more capable of longer passages.
dez275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:16   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, DEz.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal