Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2017, 13:33   #1

Boat: Nimble Wanderer 32'
Hello from Portager

Hello;

I just joined although I've been lurking for years. I've been dreaming of getting a trailerable cruising boat for over 40 years, which is why my username is Portager on most forums. I finally purchased a 2000 Nimble Wanderer named Osprey last Wednesday 3/15/17. I joined because I'm looking for other Nimble Wanderer owners and other boat owners who might be able to provide some useful advice.

When I bought Osprey, I also budgeted to got some differed maintenance done (refinish the bright work), make some upgrades like adding bow and stern thrusters (to minimize docking stress and simplify single handed operation), repair the trailer and buy a comfortable and capable tow vehicle to haul her all over the country.

We purchased a 2017 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali, which has more than adequate towing capacity, because I heard boats tend to grow when you put them in water and the 3500 HD will tow the boat we might upgrade to if Osprey turns out to be too small.

So far the repairs to the trailer are complete. She has all new disk brake assemblies, 6 new tires, 2 new spares and all new LED lights.

On Friday we are scheduled to pull Osprey out of the water and load her onto the trailer. Then a yet to be selected boat transport service will haul her the 2,600 miles from Florida to her new home in Southern California. Then we'll get the registration done before taking her to a boatyard for repairs and upgrades.

I'll post pictures once I figure out how to do that.
Portager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 13:58   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Hello from Portager

Welcome to CF..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote