Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 08:58   #1

Cecilie and Chi-cheemaun

Ahoy: I am an 83-year old curmudgeon who sails the sweetest little sailing boat, a Pacific Seacraft Dana 24, called Cecilie (#343, = 7x7x7), out of Spragge, Ontario, on the North Channel of Lake Huron, and beyond. I joined this forum a year or so ago and … promptly forgot about it. Then, a few days ago, I received a Happy Birthday message from you all. By email. “What is this?,” I thought. “Do I know these guys?” And promptly forgot about it; too busy trying to install some navigation software. Then, a few days after that, I decided I needed some help with installing opencpn. So I go to their website and see they have a forum, think: “goody”, clicked on it and ….. ”Hey, I know this,” I said (yes, ‘said’). So, thank you all for that birthday message. By the way, wanna know what I did for my birthday? Did a return trip on a ferry ship called the Chi-cheemaun, which means ‘big canoe’ in Ojibway, and sails between South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island (which is the largest fresh-water island in the world), and Tobermory, more or less southeastward down Lake Huron at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula on the mainland (of Canada, that is). (I do that voyage once in a while purely for fun.) It takes the Chi-cheemaun a couple of hours one way for that trip. We, my wife Piper and I, sailed the same route in Cecilie a few years ago. It took us all day. And guess what: We met the ferry three times, coming and going; of course we did. I love that canoe! So, nice meeting you, finally. I’ll be back shortly. I’ve got to get that opencpn working.
Jake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0004.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	148922  
jakobcornelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:08   #2

Boat: Lancer 44 Motor Sailer
Re: Cecilie and Chi-cheemaun

Hiya Jake, Really nice to meet you. Love your beautiful little ship. Hope to hear more
from you. You give me hope as I'm a young 67 year old kid.
Diesel Bill is offline   Reply With Quote