Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2013, 19:15   #166

Re: U.S. Healthcare Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Now why would you do that while advocating for a Public System...
Maybe he's not Irish?

You gotta feel sorry for our Mayor Ford - he's done so well, really. Especially considering his birth defect - he is completely without a shred of shame or self-respect.

(and hey, whoever brought out that other stinking turd of wisdom that 48% of Americans don't pay taxes.... you already know that's not true. Where's your shame?)
Old 20-12-2013, 19:15   #167

Boat: Vancouver 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBoyzT View Post
I also pay for my boat, house and vehicle...I'm not given a free house by the government while driving an escalade.
I don't know how it has come to pass that such a large percentage of rational Americans have come to resent poverty for all the luxury we throw at it
Old 20-12-2013, 19:15   #168
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post

Wow so $205. In usd for what My co pay with good insurance is $700.us. same freaking type of machine too. Incredible!!
Music from headphones too while it scanned. Awful choice though , I asked for fleetwood mac , but sadly it as limited to a range like straight Musak

Dave
Old 20-12-2013, 19:16   #169

Boat: 1975 Dufour 31

Yal must have pretty crappy healthcare. My private insurance highest copay is $40 and $80 a day for inpatient care
Old 20-12-2013, 19:18   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by laika View Post
I don' know how it has come to pass that such a large percentage of rational Americans have come to resent poverty for all the luxury we throw at it
Don't resent poverty, I resent wealth redistribution.
Old 20-12-2013, 19:20   #171
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
whoever brought out that other stinking turd of wisdom that 48% of Americans don't pay taxes.... you already know that's not true. Where's your shame?)
What's with the misinformation...it's running fast and hot tonight!

48% or 47% or whatever the latest Data is today, do not pay any Income Taxes! They DO pay other taxes related to their payroll like the Social Security ponzi scheme, Medicare, etc. Then they also pay all the other taxes, phone, cable, electric, heating gas, auto gas, clothing, hot food, car tags, you name it. No one that I am aware of has ever said they don't pay "taxes". They just don't pay any Income Tax, so what do they care if it goes up to 75%...it doesn't affect them. But what they don't realize is that when the rich guy gets a tax increase...that rich guy will spend less money on boats and then the poor guy in Georga working at the boat factory gets laid off. AKA the Famed Luxury Tax that tried and bombed in the 1980s.

Everyone pays...well except for the bum cruisers spending their retirement money out of the Country like I plan to do...ha ha ha
Old 20-12-2013, 19:33   #172

Quote:
48% or 47% or whatever the latest Data is today, do not pay any Income Taxes! They DO pay other taxes related to their payroll like the Social Security ponzi scheme, Medicare, etc. Then they also pay all the other taxes, phone, cable, electric, heating gas, auto gas, clothing, hot food, car tags, you name it. No one that I am aware of has ever said they don't pay "taxes".
So you agree with me. - saying that 48% don't pay tax is BS.

Tax is tax, as the right are otherwise so fond of telling us over and over again.

(I also question your hairsplitting assertion that "48% or 47% [of Americans] or whatever the latest Data is today, do not pay any Income Taxes!". But I don't have the stats.)
Old 20-12-2013, 19:36   #173

Quote:
Maybe he's not Irish?

You gotta feel sorry for our Mayor Ford - he's done so well, really. Especially considering his birth defect - he is completely without a shred of shame or self-respect.

(and hey, whoever brought out that other stinking turd of wisdom that 48% of Americans don't pay taxes.... you already know that's not true. Where's your shame?)

I think that guys hilarious...I mean the oral sex comment made me spit out my beer.
Old 20-12-2013, 19:36   #174
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
What's with the misinformation...it's running fast and hot tonight!

48% or 47% or whatever the latest Data is today, do not pay any Income Taxes! They DO pay other taxes related to their payroll like the Social Security ponzi scheme, Medicare, etc. Then they also pay all the other taxes, phone, cable, electric, heating gas, auto gas, clothing, hot food, car tags, you name it. No one that I am aware of has ever said they don't pay "taxes". They just don't pay any Income Tax, so what do they care if it goes up to 75%...it doesn't affect them. But what they don't realize is that when the rich guy gets a tax increase...that rich guy will spend less money on boats and then the poor guy in Georga working at the boat factory gets laid off. AKA the Famed Luxury Tax that tried and bombed in the 1980s.

Everyone pays...well except for the bum cruisers spending their retirement money out of the Country like I plan to do...ha ha ha
Ah, you've been sucked into the old don't hurt the rich financially scheme as it will only hurt the ones below them. That book was written by the rich man!
Old 20-12-2013, 19:37   #175

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

That could be. If you watched that video link posted earlier, the bottom 40 or so percent of Americans are living in such deep poverty they hardly show up on the scale of the chart.
Old 20-12-2013, 19:38   #176
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
So you agree with me. - saying that 48% don't pay tax is BS.

Tax is tax, as the right are otherwise so fond of telling us over and over again.

(I also question your hairsplitting assertion that "48% or 47% [of Americans] or whatever the latest Data is today, do not pay any Income Taxes!". But I don't have the stats.)
Lake...I have no idea what you are talking about...I never said anything about anyone paying taxes or at what percentage. It's a Strawman argument you are doing here because NO ONE has ever said a percentage (what ever it is) of Americans don't pay Taxes...well let me back up...the left is screaming that the rich don't pay...but the IRS numbers show the top percentages paying the lions share of income tax so what's your point relating to healthcare ayway.

There is no Spoon
Old 20-12-2013, 19:40   #177
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Ah, you've been sucked into the old don't hurt the rich financially scheme as it will only hurt the ones below them. That book was written by the rich man!

reality sucks don't it....
Ask all those people laid off and all those workers thrown out of a job due to the Luxury tax scheme...

They really don't care who wrote the book, but they did learn something about Economics 101 the hard way.

I'm also trying to remember the last time I was hired by a poor man....hmmm...can't seem to remember it.
Old 20-12-2013, 19:41   #178
Nearly an old salt

Quote:

Now why would you do that while advocating for a Public System...
That seems like something the evil 1%-ers would do as they stepped over the bodies of the poor lined up outside.....??
Ireland has a somewhat confused system. You can access the public system completely free of charge ( well there an admin charge of €100, basically to deter freeloaders ) but equally, there's a private medical system , and doctors often have both private and public patients. Most people have private health insurance , running around €1000 per person, half for kids , and you get income tax relief of about 30% on that. The private insurance lets you access a range of private hospitals , which have little over the big public Hospitals , but better menus and private one to one rooms ( which I hate , I like wards of 6 to 8 people), but since the recession, a lot of people are dumping the insurance and the private hospitals are struggling.

The public system uniquely in Ireland doesn't care if you are local, non local , etc. it's free to all comers ! But I was on a very tight time budget and being very tall needed a big machine and this was near the airport. I have medical insurance as part of my Visa card and they refunded me that anyway.

I've been in hospital in Ireland. The big major hospitals are the centres of excellence rather then the private ones , but the decor is a bit faded and the cornflakes for breakfast gets a bit boring. Lovely Indian and Filipino nurses and my doctor was Pakistani , the consultant was a stern Irishman with he bedside manner of Attila the Hun , good and thorough though .

So me with no insurance or local taxes or stuff was blue lighted in , 6 week stay and cost of €100, public medicine is covered just by being in the country , it's not like in the UK , where you have national insurance contributions.

I see however the IMF was whinging it cost 25% of the countries tax income to run ! , so the gov finally relented and brought in a €400 a year property tax , there murder about that ( and I think they have to pay for water next year )

I know they all complain about the Health system too , and there are plans to bring in universal private insurance , but the insurance industry says it would go bust trying to do that. I think they'll move to a complete single payer. The gov has committed to make visiting the GP completely free by 2016, to remove the load of trivial stuff in the hospitals.

Like all of them ,it has it faults , but I had a nice ward , with Internet TV bedside doohickey ( new ward? ) , 6 of us in the room , great chat ( one guy with cancer was a boat engine mechanic ! ) , and the newspaper delivered each day. Wasn't bad ( excluding the illness and major surgery etc ) . The intensive care section was top class and had a lovely view of Dublin bay , so,I could watch all the yachts and ships going by.

Fixed me up anyway ,

Dave
Old 20-12-2013, 19:42   #179
Nearly an old salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBoyzT View Post

Don't resent poverty, I resent wealth redistribution.
Try poverty and say that

Dave
Old 20-12-2013, 19:45   #180
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:

reality sucks don't it....
Ask all those people laid off and all those workers thrown out of a job due to the Luxury tax scheme...

They really don't care who wrote the book, but they did learn something about Economics 101 the hard way.

I'm also trying to remember the last time I was hired by a poor man....hmmm...can't seem to remember it.
The reality is if the rich don't give up some of their record profits and start paying a living wage there will be no one to purchase their products. That's reality, it won't last forever.
Closed Thread