Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2014, 17:28   #1

Boat: boatless wonder
the Ultimate Liveaboard

This populates the top of my Crazy Dreams Drawing Board list.

It began with episodes of my favorite shows like Mr. Lucky and Naked City (SS American Dream) and was fueled over the years by the likes of Onedin Line.

Like most I never achieved my CDDB top goals - but it was sure a lot of fun to work on. My first attempt at liveaboard didn't get far because I didn't have any idea what I was getting into, but even the attempt was worth it.

One was (in order of craziness) to purchase a cruise ship and make it into a type of seagoing commune. Half of the population would spend 6 months working as crew while the other half were passengers, then flip.

Yep - that's a wild one.

Another was to purchase a working cargo ship and outfit it with passenger cabins. There would be a competitively priced cargo cruise package for a number of guests, as the ship ran its regular cargo trade. Both these were intended to meet operating costs.

Onboard would be a small sail and power boat for extended local cruising. More practical than the SS Floating Commune.

Nothing illegal about Dreaming.
Lubber4now is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard