Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2006, 13:00   #1
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Kudos to Warmgear.com & Michael Clow

The Mustang auto-PFD re-arming kit they shipped was over a year past expiration, which you really wouldn't notice unless you were digging into the packaging. It's only stamped inside, on the bobbin housing.

Michael checked his other stock and found the same date, and then quickly and without any prompting, simply issued a credit for the whole order and said "keep it, you can still use the CO2 cartridge". Which is worth a bit on its own.

So...Kudos to him for doing the right thing, quickly and generously AND on his own volition. I notice marine vendors are more likely than most to do the right thing, but it is still all too rare in this day and age, when the watchword of "business" seems to be "hassle the customer, they'll go away".
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 16:03   #2

Thanks for taking the time to give credit to someone who has treated you right. I totally believe in the power of the Internet to coerce good business practices.

If we all take the time to call out shoddy business practices, and also take the time to praise good ones, the business world will be a better place for us consumers....
N.M.I.ke is offline   Reply With Quote