Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2019, 13:19   #1

Boat: Shock Santana, 30
Where in the World R You?!?

Hi Everyone, hubby and I have been looking for a liveaboard Marina. We are open to anywhere safe that will allow a Canadian and an American to live there.

Weather is important to us. We've been living in So. California for the last 25 years and favor warmer versus colder weather.

We would love to live at our current Marina where our boat is docked, but, A. They do NOT allow liveaboards, and B. is they did, they told us they would want a $450. liveaboard fee along with their $17.00 a foot slip rental fee.

We are also waaaay ready to leave California. The expenses here are off the charts.

So, anyone willing to tell us where you are, the good and bad of where you are, and also if you are a couple or solo.

Would love to hear what kind of boat you are living on, and what the fees are where you live.

Looking forward to any and all replies! Thank You, Sincerely, Dee & Ron
DeeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 11:33   #2

Boat: Islander 32 MK2 #157/Pram 8 Marconi Rig
Re: Where in the World R You?!?

Cali exodus class of 2014 here...

I’m ex military (San Diego) w/base privs so I moved to key West Fl Navel Air Station though I live in St Pete/Sarasota area too (MacDill Air Force Base)

Florida nice place to leap to from California, so easy to transplant here as well as rewarding from Cali mindset/experience.

Look up

key west garrison bight mooring field

Marathon city marina marathon Fl

Marina jacks Sarasota Florida

These are prolly cheapest yet safe opportunities in Florida.

St Augustine popular too, haven’t been there yet myself...

You’d be coming about right time for boat deals in Florida, after tax day crowd leaves (season ends) and boats and boat stuff go cheap...

Unless you’re too attached to your vessel I’d sell it off there and start over in the Atlantic unless cruising here in a well founded/equipped vessel...again too easy to start anew in Florida as far as boats go...
Capt JJ is offline   Reply With Quote