Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2011, 14:02   #16
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
bl - that there's some poetry, man. Great attitude! Makes me want to take a road trip....
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:17   #17
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
And now for the obligatory big-meany-insensitive -*******-rude-newbie-who-is-ruining-the-nonconfrontational-tone-of-the-site advice:

Fersuckfakes, are you making this trip in a Blazer or a Whaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhmbulance?
Thanks, BL for this dose of sanity and attitude adjustment!

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:30   #18
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
dang, jonesy, made me look twice--- wow!
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:40   #19
cruiser

thanks for the comments, truly... you are correct... I really want to enjoy this and I really want this to work...and all the 'issues' are really minor compared to teh one issue which is the hardest for met o deal with... my daughter...

I can not help but think that I will never see my daughter again... and at the last I will not be in touch and or know the day to day things that i have been used to for the last 14 years... i am hopeful that she comes around, and i hope my health allows me to enjoy her when she does... but, if she follows a similar time line as i did and most kids, it wont be until after she is over 25ish... and along with my back issues and my general lack of mobility, I have otehr health issues which may not allow me the time frame for that to happen...

so, i have pain issues and dread the driving, but will love seeing and exploring, and shoping and all that...

I am sorry you maybe geting tired of reading about my trials and tirbulations and will cut them out, or at least shorter...

I do appreciate the freedback and poking and prodding and or general bitching... it's all good..
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:45   #20

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
"repeat after me:
I am LIVING!"

...and I feel fine.

kenny chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 14:46   #21
cruiser

oh, and I AM LIVING>....

and thanks zee for the tip on tieing up the cat.....
Old 18-02-2011, 14:53   #22

bergy--- youwill find that a bad back is much happier with exercise and strong muscles. yes it huurts, but so does anything worth keeping. yes i know about chronic pain and neuropathy-- have since age 7. reynauds disease is not for kids. lol. is why we get usually at an older age. i was younger than most. average age for onset pof symptoms is 10. but by then i had had many years of fun and not being able to feel my feeets. or really have a good hand grip or strength in my wrists. gawd knows i had no arterial circulation inmy feets unless i was warm . despite the pain which i was told was normal, and were growing pains, i still ice skated, i played in snow and had a fairly normal kidhood- i was no table to run-- hyperflexibility. so i played field hockey as a goalie and didnt have to run. lol there are ways to deal with things. i know. i wasnt diagnosed with reynauds disease until i was 48, yet i noticed the abnormalities since i was 6 1/2 years of age. i was older then than i am now.
i am just smarter as i collected all my info and made good use of it. i know what i am able to do -i can teach others who are similarly afflicted. i remembered all my life long, the things that made me feel beter and what was bad for me. i paid goood close attention. yes i love life and i love this earth.
nost folks i have met who have my similarities have been cyanotic.ashen coloring from age 50 until death. i avoided that by learning what i could do to make my corpus and my mined know comfort-- loved my work. loved it. want to do it more- but i am not able. boy did i earn my ability to never again have a raise in pay...
i had fun and enjoyed every minuet except a few--- those were painful and i learned what i had to do to rid myself of those feelings and feel good again. i did that.
if i could do this --me, then anybody can. yes there have been some intense as hell moments-- but they were but moments-- all changes in time.
waiting suxx. making things happen for self is good. ride a bicycle. paddle a kayak. row dink. enjoy life, ride a horse. tomorrow--might not arrive.

kenny--ye had me left leg tappin gooooood!!!

oh--yes i do remember being normal-- was in altadena when i was 6 in my mommas pantry eating an orange she got for us from florida... her mom's father invented and perfected the ways we know today of canning grapefruit and owned american can , in tampa, until he sold it to ccc, mid 1950s..she waned us to know what a real orange tasted like ..LOL... sorry , kali--aint the same!!

major threAD DRIFT-- POINTING TO ---YE CAN DO IT-- EXERCISE SO YE FEEL GOOD AND GO FOR IT. oops. didnt mean that but it works..LOL

start with gentle stretching every day every part. works . walk a lot. ride bicycle. paddle/row a small boat. have fun--
Old 18-02-2011, 15:13   #23
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
if you head to western fla, i know folks there with docks and i know free dockages and free places to anchor for longer than 3 days in sequence, good holding. friend in naples who loves to help folks..... let me know, don and berg-- where you go--if western fla-- many many boats, good places to stash em. galveston--i have friends there and in kemah, also---- many many boats there and dockage is inexpensive, per my friends there.
i am still sailing there, not driving.
will see you guys in a coupla few years. have good land trips to your destinations... berg-- keep cat leashed in car when ye go to store or restaurant-- they are great escape artists--i keep bubba's leash affixed to the underside of his harness by keeping the figure 8 harness backwards-- cat doesnt lie down that way-- they hate things on their backs.
bubba says goggies taste like duck....
if you know people there, pleae contact them and give them my contact info.

let them know I am in the market and if they know of anythging that I would love to hear about them...

thanks

b
Old 18-02-2011, 15:27   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
if you know people there, pleae contact them and give them my contact info.

let them know I am in the market and if they know of anythging that I would love to hear about them...

thanks

b
willdo--
Old 18-02-2011, 15:40   #25
cruiser

yes, i am hopeful being on a boat will be some good physical therapy... I am sure i will end up with surgery again, but hope this boat therapy will extend that time for a year or more???

i will do what i have seen other injured people do, and that is to will themselves thru the pain.. thru the therapy, and end up performing way beyond expectations...

I am due for a miracle or two.. I will settle on not needing or wanting surgery again...
Old 18-02-2011, 16:17   #26

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
I understand your concerns about your daughter, Berg, but if anything, your move may actually bring you closer- your attitude will change, which means that her attitude about you will change, and oh, did I mention that whole Florida- Spring- Break thing? She's gonna come visit. Especially when, after you get yourself settled, your attitude adjusted, your confidence restored and you get ready to make the jump across to the Abacos you send up the invitation flag offering to take her on as crew for the trip.
Here's the nautical take on REMs classic:

bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 16:57   #27
cruiser

cool version... never heard it before... much more upbeat...

thanks

and yea, i will see some eye candy and all that, but as mentioned in another thread/section, I am a big old barking dog who wouldnt know what to do with the car after chasing ti down the street...
Old 18-02-2011, 17:01   #28

Boat: Tanzer 26, Walk22
I love great big sea... great band and from the maritimes.
Mark1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 10:31   #29

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Berg you misunderstood teh spring break thing.although the eye candy can be enjoyed by you. It was for your daughter all over sudden becoming interested in visiting ole Dad thinking about the party life to be had.

Make your move . Ca is a difficult place right now ,don't know if FLA is better. But your daughter needs a job too if I remember correctly, so she might decide to move down there too. You never know what comes along.
But whether she lives 4 blocks down the road or 4 states if she has not got the attitude to visit she won't and all that will happen is that time runs through your fingers.

Good luck .
Old 19-02-2011, 12:44   #30
cruiser

yea, i guess i did miss that reference.. but, im sure i will see some eye candy everywhere i go... for whateever good it will do.

as for the daughter, the world is a spring break... to her it is the mall, or her friends, orher bedroom in front of a tv...

speaking of which, she is here now, and I told her i wanted to get out of the house as i just sit here 24/7 and she comes over and i get dressed and my jacket on and go for the door and she is looking at me like where are we going, and i tell her the beach/marina to look at a couple boats so shecan see what i am looking at, and she tells me no.. she is 'on call'...

she works 1 day a week and is on call the other days.. meaning she wont do anything all day waiting for a call to go to work...

trying to ell her that she dont need to sit all day is a waste... she needs this excuse to be able to justify not doing anything...

oh well.. so here we sit. watching tv... some crap mtv junk as usual... oh well.

Tags
florida