Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2016, 19:14   #106

Boat: Mariner 40 Ketch
Re: Leaving from Seattle to San Francisco then across the Pacific

Here is an update on information about Mooring in Cebu.

Cebu Yacht Club;

Docks are broken up, Gangways are broken and dangerous to walk on. Electricity is mickeymoused to the dock and you will need to hardwire into a breaker hanging from a post. All exposed to the weather. For 10 days it cost me P7600, but if I stayed an additional 5 days it would have been P10,000, and then P5,000 per day after that.
The owner really doesn't want any boat there unless you purchase a membership for $10,000 per year and of course you still have to pay for the slip at a undisclosed amount per month. The staff is rude and unwilling to help you unless you tip high. The clubhouse looks like a shack and there is really no place for Members to hang out except for the restaurants that take up most of the place that are open to the public. Their only rave is that it is convenient to shopping and restaurants if that's your thing.
I advise not to go there and paying for a membership is really a joke, unless you just want to say you are a member of the Cebu Yacht Club.

Porter Marina;

Porter's is out of the city and the last 2 kilometers is a rough dirt road, but atleast they price it accordingly.
The docks are old and rusty, but you can side tie so easily tie up and get on and off your boat. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are charging me about P21,000 for the month I am there while I am running around the country doing other things.
There is nothing at or near the marina as far as restaurants or shopping, so you will need to call a taxi or hop on a motor bike to get to the Hiway. the nearest SM mall is about 30 min away.
The picture below is Windrush II at Porter Marina

Old 05-07-2016, 00:57   #107
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Yes CYC is a ripoff.
SBYC, while seriously needing structural maintenance charges me about P12, 500/month for a 70ft slip as a member.

You will also find the resorts here in the Philippines.... Overpriced and poorly maintained.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:36   #108

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Windrush,
Beautiful ketch!
exMaggieDrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san francisco, seattle