Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2019, 12:31   #1

Boat: Morgan 382
Boat Transportation - WARNING!

This is as of 11/20/2019:
I wanted to ship my Morgan 382 by truck from Michigan to Florida. After doing my due diligence on the web (what a joke!) I went with

USA1 Transport company (formerly Big Toys Transport), they received my deposit of $2000 on Sep 27th for pickup of the sailboat (requiring special trailer)at Oct 28th. However they have postponed the pickup on multitude of times with some different story every time. Making me talk to the driver, to the customer rep, manager and owner. Every time they assured me that the truck is coming, I would prepare for the truck at the marina and nobody would show, nobody would give me any pertinent information. I have incurred storage fees from the origin marina and dock fees for my reservation at destination marina. These people are liars and manipulators. I am trying to get my deposit back. They said they would refund me and still move the boat. However there are no signs of either happening. I asked my bank to dispute the charges, I don't have a resolution yet.
Please let others know about their business practices.

I have finally found a local company with good local references, I trust that they will do a good job.

LIARS!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!
Kazimaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat