Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2021, 09:53   #46

Re: Bifacial 405W Monocrystalline Solar Panel

I second @PhilC in saying thank you for the spirited discussion as it is clearly a complex topic and debating it - even in occasionally less than civil terms - has definitely improved my very basic understanding of the physics, economics and marketing factors involved.
Old 27-08-2021, 18:24   #47

Boat: Bristol 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBowSirocco View Post
Hi Rob,
Well lets start off by pointing out that this section "General Classifieds (No Boats)" is certainly on the forum, but not usually considered as an area of discussion, it is an area where people post things for sale.

So I was posting something for sale and you chose to write on my ad explaining that what I had for sale was pointless, then chose to claim your expert on the subject because you work in the industry, both of which make what I was selling seem a dismal prospect.

Do you make it a habit of posting on everyone's for sale ad? If I was selling a CQR, would you post that the CQR is terrible in comparison to a modern spade, that its setting and holding power is significantly lower than almost any modern anchor available and so its a bad idea to put one one your boat?

If I was selling a discontinued MFD, would you make sure to point out that it was discontinued and didnt qualify for updates and that it wouldnt be any good for anyone?

Or perhaps would you realize that everyone has to make their own choices based on their specific application for themselves and leave them alone about it??

I find your comments hold a very condescending tone- that is primarily why I called you a troll. You are not presenting information for discussion you are sourly stating numbers without much explanation or consideration of all variables within the application.

Your albedo numbers discussion based on the 6% light reflection of water does not include the deck of the boat, the sugar scoop, the stainless steel stern rails, or anything else someone might have under the panels that is specific to their particular installation. You do not know what they are doing with these panels and so your information while perhaps good to know is possibly mute.

Personally, even if I was to only realize 6% increase in output on the panels I will take the extra 24W and be happy about it. If they are to be mounted up there with their backs open to the ambient light, might as well get everything out of the real estate that I can.

I guess RedneckRob what I am asking is what are you trying to accomplish here, because so far I view your posts in MY FOR SALE AD are NOT HELPFUL.

BenBow, thanks for providing the good analogies for me. I was having trouble following such a technical discussion, but now I understand that buying your panels is like buying a CQR anchor or a discontinued MFD.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:26   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilyum View Post
how dare you ruin his thread with professional expertise, facts and industry knowledge.
Please, don't forget - it is the post of the OP (thread #3 - posted onto my thread by the way). You and BTW we all are not allowed to post anything which might not find the grace of the OP. Please - don't be a troll ...

I'm curious what else is to come...

I'm not a native speaker, but "stop being a dick" sounds, mmmh, not very polite ...

following
Closed Thread

Tags
solar