All the talk about fishing gear (another thread) got me thinking about divin' for the table, and that led me to this recipe. Hook & line fishermen don't get many grouper - divers do!
The Captainís Baked Grouper:
1) 1/4 lb. butter
2) 4 leeks, washed and chopped
3) 5 big garlic cloves, crushed
4) 3 cups white wine (chardonnay works best)
5) 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
6) 1 pint whipping cream
7) 4 large beef boullion cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
8) 1/4 cup lemon juice
9) Sprinkle salt
and pepper over the filets and put in casserole pan. Set aside.
10) In a saucepan, melt butter and saute leeks until tender
. Add garlic and chopped spinach, and let simmer for about 40 minutes. Then, add white wine and whipping cream and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. (You can add more butter, depending upon taste). Add lemon juice, stir, and then let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Then, add the dissolved beef boullion cubes, stir and pour over fish
(or you can set sauce aside, and pour it over the fish
in the casserole when you are ready to bake it).
11) Bake covered with foil at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
12) Serve, and enjoy!