Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2022, 14:57   #1

Boat: Tartan 37
How’s this Croatia Itinerary?

Dobra Vecer, (“Good Evening” in Croatian, I hope)

I am checking off a bucket list vacation with 3 other couples on a 7 day charter on a 45’ Cat out of Dubrovnik in a couple of weeks. We have never been to Croatia so I’m thinking we can’t do it wrong.

Sunsail’s suggested itinerary has us going to Ston, then Pomona, Moyer, then off to Korcula Town, Trstenik, Peljesac, then to Sudurad, Saipan and back to the base.

Sounds good to me, UNLESS, someone with experience has another suggestion or two. Is Vis worth changing the itinerary for, or are there other places within this area that are must see. “Hvala”, (“Thank you”) for any suggestions within those stops as well, re: bars, restaurants, wineries, etc.

JJ
StuartSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2022, 15:00   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Re: How’s this Croatia Itinerary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartSailor View Post
Dobra Vecer, (“Good Evening” in Croatian, I hope)

I am checking off a bucket list vacation with 3 other couples on a 7 day charter on a 45’ Cat out of Dubrovnik in a couple of weeks. We have never been to Croatia so I’m thinking we can’t do it wrong.

Sunsail’s suggested itinerary has us going to Ston, then Pomona, Moyer, then off to Korcula Town, Trstenik, Peljesac, then to Sudurad, Saipan and back to the base.

Sounds good to me, UNLESS, someone with experience has another suggestion or two. Is Vis worth changing the itinerary for, or are there other places within this area that are must see. “Hvala”, (“Thank you”) for any suggestions within those stops as well, re: bars, restaurants, wineries, etc.

JJ
Give yourself one place and stay two nights , your itinerary is rather “ frantic “
Old 17-08-2022, 13:12   #3

Boat: Tartan 37
Re: How’s this Croatia Itinerary?

Thanks GBN. This is always the problem with a one week charter. I feel it every time I go to the BVI’s etc. You want to see “everything” which is impossible so you cram as much as possible and dilute the experience somewhat. Nevertheless we will try to find some balance.
StuartSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Croatia