Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006, 19:36   #1
Kai Nui

Slip Fees

A few threads have mentioned slip fees. I thought it might be useful to post fees for the harbors that our members are in.
FWIW, slip fees here in Moss Landing are $5.50 per foot for assigned slip. $8.50 per ft for transient berthing, $8.25 per foot for Catamarans (assigned slip), and $11.00 per foot for trimarans (asigned slip). Each slip also has an "amenities fee" attached in the amount of $35. Live aboard fee for two people is $135.00 (not sure how that is broken down per person) Fees are based on the length of the boat, or the slip, whichever is higher. This includes water, electric, garbage service, public restrooms with showers, and a laundry. All of which work about 50% of the time. Transient fees for Cats are $12.75 per foot, and Tri's are $17.00 per foot. The ammenities fee applies to transient berthing as well.
Old 05-04-2006, 20:26   #2

Really dumb question, but are those daily rates? Weekly? Monthly?
N.M.I.ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 20:32   #3
Kai Nui

Not a dumb question at all. Those are per month. This harbor also offers a discount for quarterly payments. I believe it is 10%.
Old 05-04-2006, 20:41   #4

Boat: Tayana 48
Let's see...here on the San Francisco bay, slips range from $7 / foot (Marina Bay in Richmond) to $11 or $12 (Sausalito). The Oakland Estuary/ Berkeley/ Emoryville marinas are all somewhere in between. BTW, there are still slips available, unlike what I've been told is the case in Southern California.
I'm currently looking at slips in Ensanada, Mexico where I hope to keep our new boat for a year. Rates there are ranging from $7.50/ foot (a new marina North of town) to almost $15/ foot/ month at a pretty swanky marina/ resort. But they do deliver margaritas to your boat!! That's gotta be worth a couple of bucks/ foot, right?!

John
Old 05-04-2006, 20:47   #5
Kai Nui

THey had better be STRONG Margaritas for that price. None of that Jalisco crap.
I would very much like to see some input on marinas in Peru and Chile. Anyone have any info?
Old 05-04-2006, 21:56   #6

Boat: amel super maramu 53 Kimberlite
knock your socks off

How about $1.63 a foot a DAY !! in panama.
fair winds,
eric
Old 05-04-2006, 21:59   #7

st thomas & st martin

A slip in st thomas was 77 cents a foot a day and in st martin 55 cents a foot a day for the sason
fair winds
eric
Old 05-04-2006, 22:15   #8
Kai Nui

Eric, how recent is that info? And, ouch!
Old 05-04-2006, 22:18   #9

Boat: Tayana 48
A pretty good resource for marinas up and down the West coast of North and Central America can be found at www.thelog.com
Scroll down to the "special publications" section (left side of page), then click on "Slips '06".
Costa Rica and El Salvador are represented, but not down to Chile...sorry, Kai.
John
Old 05-04-2006, 22:20   #10

marina rates

The rate is current for st martin and panama.
the rate for st thomas was for last year.
fair winds,
eric
Old 05-04-2006, 22:40   #11
Kai Nui

Thanks Meridian. I have seen that link before. Many marinas are not listing their rates. That is why I started this thread. If you are planning to sail down from the PNW, and leave your boat in San Diego for a few months while you go back to work, wouldn't it be nice to have an idea what the slip fees will be? I think we have enough people here from enough locations to get a real idea of what it costs, and what you get for the money.
Kimberlite, good info thanks.
Old 06-04-2006, 13:45   #12

Boat: Med Yachts 62 Trawler
Port Aransas TX area near Corpus Christi: Island Moorings Marina 54 foot slip for $360 / month. Electricity extra, $50/month liveaboard fee. Nice marina, floating docks. Under new management. Nice pool area & restaurant that makes a 'decent' margarita (just not as good as mine). Would hesitate bringing anything deeper than 7ft draft up the channel though.

Sure beats those Florida marina prices... but we are a bit removed. We like it in spite of all the TX Republicans Oh - and what ever happened to Mrs. Delay's little boy Tommy?
Old 06-04-2006, 20:55   #13

Boat: O-Day 32 CC Slow Ride
Florida Gulf coast, St. Pete area

They are high here, i am paying a low fee luckily, $250 a month for a 27 foot catalina. I am told it was just $150 6 months ago!! It's more of a fishing marina, really, and small, no amenities. But many marinas here quoted me above $500 a month.
exranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 21:02   #14
Kai Nui

Does that include electricity and or water? Also, are you in a 30 foot slip, or are you being charged by the foot for the actual length of the boat?
Old 06-04-2006, 23:33   #15

Sounds like hit & miss?

It seems that no matter which side of the coast you're on. You'll either end up paying less. Or more, from the sounds of the posts above this one!!

Myself. I would try to stay away from the high priced ones. It doesn't matter on how much you pay. It also dosen't matter what they have in the marina. But, it sometimes doesn't matter period. If you pay more or less. You sometimes still face "questionable" services provided by these marinas?

Just ask Kai Nui about what happend to their slips their floating marina slips a few years ago??

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fees