Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2024, 12:46   #1

Mauritius Marina

Good day all

Does anybody have a contact for a marina in Mauritius? Have you stayed in a marina in mauritius before and can give information about it?

By way of background - we are looking at sailing from Australia to Mauritius this year but would need to leave the boat there for a few months to take care of some business stuff in another country. I had originally planned to haul it and store it on land but the boatyard came back with an astronomical price for monthly storage. It would be the highest I have paid anywhere in the world!

With that, I thought maybe leaving the boat in a marina and going that route but I have struggled to find a website for the marina there. Contact emails provided for the marina on various other sites have gone complete unanswered. So now reaching out on here as I’m sure with the global worldwide reach of the site, someone will have some info.

Failing all that, Reunion may be the next spot. Any suggestions there?
Sailingallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 01:20   #2

Re: Mauritius Marina

Anybody? Any info?
Old 18-02-2024, 01:51   #3

any help?
https://www.noforeignland.com/place/6693531022262272

Doesn't say much. But you could maybe send a message to the users that uploaded the link & ask.
barcoMeCasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 02:11   #4

Boat: Stern50

There is no marina in Port Louis Maritius other than the concrete harbour. Thats not the place to leave your yacht unattended.
There are two ship yards. For larger commercial ships.

You should go to Reunion.
RonaldL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 09:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldL View Post
There is no marina in Port Louis Maritius other than the concrete harbour. Thats not the place to leave your yacht unattended.
There are two ship yards. For larger commercial ships.

You should go to Reunion.

Thank you. That is the information I want to hear. Do you have any recommendations for marina or shipyards in Reunion?
Old 18-02-2024, 11:34   #6

We spent 2 months in La Reunion (September to November 2023). The Darse Titan marina is undoubtedly the nicest and friendliest marina we have visited in the past 15 years; it was recently created by dredging an industrial site just a couple of blocks from the central business district in the town of Le Port. The older marina (where the marina office is located) is about one kilometer further away but also has an extensive hardstand area with large travelift. Suggest you contact the marina office at portdeplaisance@tco.re and/or check their website https://www.tco.re/plaisance/les-por...te-des-galets/ for further information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5163.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	286493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3379.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	286494  

Painted Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 12:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Skies View Post
We spent 2 months in La Reunion (September to November 2023). The Darse Titan marina is undoubtedly the nicest and friendliest marina we have visited in the past 15 years; it was recently created by dredging an industrial site just a couple of blocks from the central business district in the town of Le Port. The older marina (where the marina office is located) is about one kilometer further away but also has an extensive hardstand area with large travelift. Suggest you contact the marina office at portdeplaisance@tco.re and/or check their website https://www.tco.re/plaisance/les-por...te-des-galets/ for further information.

Wooohooo. Thank you very much. I have sent them a note. Now to wait and see if they can lift a cat