Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2021, 11:34   #1

Dutch boat purchase for Canadian

Hi all. Newbie here looking for wisdom on my situation:

First time Canadian purchaser looking to purchase used sailboat privately. Seller has Dutch ICP but not registered in the Kadastre. No loan against it I am told. How does the process work for transferring title and money in a private deal. I.e I assume that we will get a contract and that will provide for a deposit, then we survey it. A couple of wrinkles, the boat is currently on the hard in curaçao and the current owner will bring it to Antigua for us. I think we will have to survey it in curaçao and then again in Antigua after the owner is done using it for these few months. Anyone know how you assure good title on a used sailboat? He has a “friend” who is an ex-broker who could hold the funds but we may retain a lawyer to do that for us.
KAT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, purchase