Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 11:24   #16

Boat: Leopard 40 2009
Re: CBP Sticker - Details and Questions

I don't disagree with any of the comments above, especially xhogpilot's comments about clearing in through ROAM. What I'm impressed about is that I have never seen one of these stickers actually STUCK to a boat. Everyone always throws them into the nav station desk and forgets about them. All you need is the number anyhow. Has anyone else actually adhered the sticker to the boat?

It's true this only applies to vessels, like yours, over 30'. It's much easier to come back to the US if everyone on-board is a trusted traveler (pre-screened by the US).

BTW: Here's the US government link for starting on DTOPS, ROAM, etc: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/pleasure-...private-flyers

Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt." -- Eric Sevareid
John_Trusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 14:03   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonbat View Post
Be aware, we ordered ours March 4 and still haven’t seen it. They are telling us they are taking 9 to 12 weeks to process due to the government shutdown earlier this year.

Yes, but when you paid for it you should have gotten a number that you can use when you register via the CBP Roam app.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 14:07   #18

Boat: Gulf 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Yes, but when you paid for it you should have gotten a number that you can use when you register via the CBP Roam app.

Ordered our in late February, just got it last week, so no joke about their being backed up so plan on not seeing it for quite a while. But as noted here you get the number (just print your receipt) as soon as you pay and you're legal from there on.

And I do affix mine to the boat, but that's mostly because the nav desk would eat it otherwise and I'd never find it.
Old 01-05-2019, 14:24   #19

Boat: Currently in between

I have mine and did affix it but only because I would lose it otherwise.

The whole family did the Trusted Traveler Program, had our interview in Key West. Got our cards with numbers and downloaded the website.

Last year returning from the Bahamas I logged onto the website as soon as I had cell service. I entered all requested information, was cleared in and given a clearance number.

Quite easy and didn't have to report in person.
Old 01-05-2019, 16:03   #20

Boat: GULFSTAR 53 MOTORSAILER

You should apply for a new sticker if you are planning on leaving the USA and returning.
If you and your crew are members of the trusted traveler program and have you boat approved by receiving the current sticker, you just call on your cell phone when you return to the USA for your interview.
When the officer calls you back he will probably want you to hold up your passport to compare it to your face.
We go to the Bahamas several times a year and just returned from the Virgin Islands last month.
When we returned to Puerto Rico after going to the Virgin Islands, They texed us and said that we were OK. to land.
Checking in is easy.
Puerto Rico, the Spanish Virgin Islands, and the American Virgin islands are possessions of the USA but we still had to check back in at Puerto Rico after stopping at the American Virgin Islands.
The cell phone check in makes it so easy.
MAJICDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 20:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Can you specify which number on the printed receipt is the decal #, please? I've just purchased mine for 2019 and the receipt has an Order Number, Account Number, and Payment Tracking Number.

Order Number is 7 digits, so if I was to make a guess that would be it.

Thanks!
Feelin_Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:00   #22

Boat: Gulf 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelin_Nauti View Post
Can you specify which number on the printed receipt is the decal #, please? I've just purchased mine for 2019 and the receipt has an Order Number, Account Number, and Payment Tracking Number.

Order Number is 7 digits, so if I was to make a guess that would be it.

Thanks!

No, it's not your order number. On your printed receipt there is the line item (under the "VESSEL" heading) that lists manuf, year, name etc, there is a "Decal Number" second to last column, that's the number that will eventually be on your sticker.