Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2007, 21:59   #16

Enovak - Might be a good idea to get a swatch of the fabric before purchasing. The goods are produced in several different weights, the lighter weight being the least durable, and least costly... There are a lot of fraudsters on eBay these days, and while this seller certainly looks legit, it can't hurt to doa little research...
Sailormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 04:52   #17

Boat: Lagoon 37
we have seen this product used on a friend's boat. Looked very nice and they said it has held up very well and was about 40 per yd. the product name was majilite.

Welcome to Majilite
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 05:09   #18

Thanks to all for their feedback. Yes, I have swatches of both materials (and many different UL styles and colors) and have done my homework (spoke with representatives from Ultrafabrics and other distributors, and checked into the ebay distributor -- TDI is a reputable, authorized Ultraleather distributor).

Does anyone have any upholstering experience with either material to share? I did my forward cabin in ultrasuede and had no problems, but those were simple box cushions. I'm curious to how the UL products compare to one another when making back cushions, buttons, stretching/stapling, pleats/folds, etc.

I'll also look into the Majilite material -- it looks interesting. Thanks!
enovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 07:50   #19

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
At $30 a yard for Sunbrella???!!! Someone is marking up the hell out of it. Probably the canvas shop. Check on the net. $15 yard prices. Quite often you can find large rems on e-bay for $5 yard. Find an upolstery shop and ask them to use U.V. thread. I think you could save big time money...Aloha
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:02   #20

Ultraleather™

Hi!
This my first post and I want to ask Pblais how the Ultraleather is holding up after two years. We are thinking of using it but our concern is its recovery from stretching. The fabric we had on our seating had gotten so stretched out and baggy within 2 years of use that it looks about 10 years old. We want to be sure that this doesn't happen again and we are willing to pay the piper for quality. One of the reasons we don't want leather is that it's hard to find good quality which is why so many peoples family's couches look like sagging ballons after a couple of years of use.
Thanks so much.
trprosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51   #21

Boat: PETERSON 44
our main salon has ultra suede. Ive owned the boat 3 years and probably the cushions are 8 years old still very comfortable hold their shape one exposed edge that gets all the traffic is showing some chafe. I sail with kids and sometimes a younger woman so they get hard use. Wouldn't replace them with anything else.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote